1. mikevickers10's Avatar
    A Friend of mine has a curve that has the USB/Charge port knocked out of place.. the phones in perfect shape besides that one flaw.. im looking to buy the phone, but wondering if it can be re-placed or just simply snapped back into place.. any kind of info would be great. Thanks guys.
    09-19-10 05:36 PM
  2. drb0y's Avatar
    Well, as an alternative you can just buy a charging dock. It cost like $15 I think.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 09:02 PM
  3. docsmody's Avatar
    yep just get a charging port. look on amazon. i've bought them before for as cheap as 6.99 shipped.
    09-19-10 11:46 PM
  4. BergerKing's Avatar
    Once the port is broken, you would either need fine soldering skills, or to send the device to a professional repair service which runs about $80 all said and done. But it could be repaired.

    You wouldn't be able to update or synchonize data, but you could import your contacts using , and the rest could be transferred using other methods.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 12:01 AM
  5. rottonj's Avatar
    As stated by others, just buy the charging dock and be done with it. Most likely it will happen again with heavy use.

    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330 Curve (Silver): Cell Phones & Service
    09-21-10 08:16 PM