If someone can please help me, I'll be so grateful!

My long distance fiance' and I are at a "make or break" stage of our relationship. Long story short, some time within the course of this week, we're going to decide to either move back across the country and be together, or call it off. My Blackberry is my only phone, and, as you can imagine, it's VERY important that I'm available for these discussions.

Last night I noticed that the "lightning bolt" "your phone is charging" icon stopped showing up across my batter. No matter how many times I plugged it in, the icon wouldn't show. This makes me think the MiniUsb port is damaged and won't accept a charge?

I turned the phone off while I slept to conserve battery, so I don't know yet whether it IS or isn't accepting charge.

BUT, when the phone was turned off, the green LED light that indicates "yes, your miniUSB is plugged in" WAS, in fact, turned on! I experimented with unplugging it, and the green LED would go off.

SO, the phone seems to be aware that its miniUSB is plugged into something, but won't acknowledge whether it's charging.

Someone, PLEASE help me get the telephonic communication wherewithal to have discussions and save my engagement!
    05-17-10 05:52 AM
    I might be wrong but it sounds like your battery needs replacement and good luck on your marriage.
    05-17-10 06:27 AM
    Thank you! If it is something as simple, quick, and cheap as replacing the battery, I will be so relieved.

I'd be VERY interested to know if anyone else has found that a "no longer taking charge" BATTERY (rather than the miniUSB port itself being damaged) is sometimes the cause of the "charge" lightning bolt icon no longer showing up.

Y'know what, Sibusisom, I think you might be right! (Please, God!) Because if it were the port itself that's damaged, the green LED probably wouldn't light. Maybe. Unless only part of the port were damaged? (?)

Merely needing a new battery would be so great! I know I've had the phone over a year, & I'm so OCD that I never let the battery deplete even halfway before charging it again, so probably I *have* worn the sucker down. Fingers crossed!
    05-17-10 06:38 AM
    Buy a cheap phone and stick your sim card in that, you can get a phone from Tesco in the UK for like 10 so i'm sure there will be a similar option in the States.

Or buy a new battery.

Don't muck about anyways lol. don't wait to see if it works and forever have that as the excuse, just sort it.
    05-17-10 06:38 AM
    or even better buy a new battery and a new charger!

personally i'd buy a cheap phone for now and take it in for repair asap.
    05-17-10 06:39 AM
    If you are contemplating buying a charger, think about buying a charging pod. Doesn't use the USB and thus save ware and tear on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 07:09 AM
    If it turns out being your charge port (which is very common) I just wanted to suggest sending it to us for fixing. We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $38.95. We use ebay so that our customers feel comfortable with the protection of ebay/paypal. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to email me with any questions at all...
    06-10-10 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD