Newbie BB user here. Just want to say that I'm also addicted as well!

Anyways, the only thing that bugs me about the phone is the segmented SMS threads. I hate scrolling down to find a conversation I had with someone 2 days ago.

I text A LOT on the phone via, AIM, GTalk, and Yahoo messenger, and am fond of the conversational, threaded style.

I am trying out this trial version of BBtext2IM, and it works just fine. I'm considering purchasing it.

However the problem is this: everytime I get a regular SMS text, I get 'double texted' - one to the BBtext2IM and the other to my regular, stock BB SMS.

Is there anyway to resolve this? Is there a way to disable the stock SMS?

or is there a better 'threaded type' of SMS after market program I should be using instead? I would appreciate any suggestions

thank you ALL very much

peace
    Rex
    03-31-09 04:22 AM
    As far as I know, there is no way to resolve it. Nor any app out that will block it from the original inbox.
    03-31-09 05:23 AM
    Yeah, I downloaded both trial versions of 3jam and BBtext2im but I deleted them right away because of the fact that the messages get sent to both inboxes... I wont be purchasing a threaded SMS program until that gets resolved.. Hopefully RIM decides to add threaded SMS to the newer builds (right after they fix the word wrap )
    03-31-09 06:20 AM
    Do you know about the short cut to change days? "P" goes to previous day and "N" is for next also spacebar is page down and left caps key+spacebar is page up (same as browsing the web).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 09:09 AM
    Thanks for the help guys! I'll check out the shortcuts. =)
    03-31-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD