OK, so I'm new at all this stuff - I just figured out how to set individual ring tones - now I'm wondering how to change the sound (notifier) when I get a new text message.......
    08-27-08 09:16 AM
    Go to Profiles > Advanced .. highlight a profile and select Edit - from there you can change any of your tones.
    08-27-08 09:33 AM
    Thanks for that information. However, I'm trying to figure out how to change when I receive a text message from anyone - I want a different notifier tone........
    08-27-08 10:21 AM
    Thanks for that information. However, I'm trying to figure out how to change when I receive a text message from anyone - I want a different notifier tone........
    Yes, he described where to set that. Change the sounds for SMS (text) and MMS (picture messages).
    08-27-08 10:22 AM
    Welcome to the Crack.

Have a look at this page BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com It has a load of useful stuff as well as one on ringtones, use and abuse.
    08-27-08 10:24 AM
    OK, so I'm new at all this stuff - I just figured out how to set individual ring tones - now I'm wondering how to change the sound (notifier) when I get a new text message.......
    Hello and welcome!

Check these out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    08-27-08 10:28 AM
    Thanks for all your help!! - sorry for being a dork - I was clicking on peoples profiles! I'm not a blonde really!
    08-27-08 10:47 AM
    Thanks for all your help!! - sorry for being a dork - I was clicking on peoples profiles! I'm not a blonde really!
    You're not a dork. It took me ages to work that out but I did not have the sense to ask.
    08-27-08 10:50 AM
    Welcome to being addicted like the rest of us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD