Well, I've had the curve for over a month now, and its amazing, but before proclaiming it the best device without trying anything else... I decided to give the bold or the storm a try... What do you guys think should be next?

Also, how much do you think I can sell my 8900 unlocked for? (its in perfect condition)
    02-27-09 10:36 PM
    I would probably try the Bold out if I were you. I hear a lot of horror stories about the Storm. Might be more of an aggravation than anything.
    02-27-09 10:49 PM
    Yea, I'd skip the Storm. You can sell your 8900 on craigslist or ebay for no less than $400, unlock it to add value.
    02-27-09 10:59 PM
    I had the storm, it was very buggy....if you like the 8900, you'll like the bold (although it is a bit bigger in size)....I have a feeling you will end back up with the 8900
    02-28-09 12:16 AM
    If you really want to switch from the 8900 I would recomend the Bold; Storm is still buggy and will be for a while IMO
    02-28-09 12:21 AM
    I also had the storm and it was disturbing how disappointed I was with RIM whereas I usually love everything about the Blackberries in general. I have the 8900 and it is freaking amazing. I have a friend who has the Bold and he likes it a lot. I really wouldn't go with the Storm tho!
    02-28-09 12:23 AM
    You have to *really* like touchscreen devices or I wouldn't bother with the Storm. Tried one for a week and really gave it a go. I was using it on at&t (which was probably one problem) but the OS is buggy and it reminds of when the Bold first came out. The early OS's had their share of issues too.

I think eventually the Storm will be worth a look but to really compare, I'd stick with the Bold like others have said.
    02-28-09 09:42 AM
    I got to try a Bold out, just this morning, at work. For my tastes, it's way too large. Not near as pretty, either. I guess if large fingers were an issue, for me, I would have a different opinion. 8900 is too sexy, to let go.
    02-28-09 09:51 AM
    BOLD BOLD BOLD!!!!! My husband had the storm and didn't like some of the basic features like the floating touch screen. I absolutely love my bold!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 09:52 AM
    I have used both the storm and the curve and I definitely prefer the curve over the storm. Haven't had a chance to use a bold yet though.
    02-28-09 10:57 AM
    Cool, thanks guys. I'll be giving the Bold a try...

.168 just came out, so I'll also be testing that out beofre I make the switch : )
    02-28-09 11:55 AM
    I have the Bold and thought it was the best BB ever. I got a free 8900 at the tmobile launch, unlocked it and am loving it even better then the Bold. I will prob sell the Bold in a week or so. I just love the size, looks, and feel of the 8900. As a BES admin I have given out 10 Storms to users to test and almost all of them hate it. I can't stand the storm.
    02-28-09 12:06 PM
    Stay away from the Storm, its buggy as **** and so so slow!! I have the storm and it's in the drawer now for almost a month now. Sick and tired of it, they can't get it to work properly even with numerous beta OS!!! I love my 8900 and its a very good device way way way way way way better than the Storm.

My niece has the Bold and I don't hear her complaining about it, its a bit heavier and bigger than the 8900. I like the leather back case of the Bold , but I prefer a lighter and smaller device like the 8900
    02-28-09 12:10 PM
    My Storm is fabulous but not as fast as the Bold. If you need snappy performance, go with the Bold. I happen to love the touch screen and am in no hurry...
    02-28-09 03:19 PM
    Had the Curve, went to the Storm, went back to the Curve. Don't bother with the Storm unless you take Paxil or something for anxiety
    02-28-09 03:21 PM
    Gave the storm a go for about 10 mins, the typing thing doesn't bounce back fast enough for me.. back on the curve, will try the bold tomorrow.
    03-10-09 12:01 AM
    Before the 8900 I had a Bold that I used for no more than 3 weeks.
    I had big problems with the signal strenght and even just using the 2G connection the conversation was going down quite often and the quality of the voice was terrible.
    While with the 8900 the signal strenght and quality voice is much better, signal strenght is even better than my old and beloved 8700g.
    For the rest (excluding dimensions) are pretty similar.
    Ciao

Luca
    03-10-09 05:21 AM
    I have a feeling you will regret getting rid of your 8900! I love mine, although the back cover is slightly annoying (but all RIM haven't quite mastered the solid back cover yet most BB's are wobbly!). I wouldn't swap this phone for ANYTHING it's freaking amazing.
    03-10-09 05:54 AM
    I have a feeling you will regret getting rid of your 8900! I love mine, although the back cover is slightly annoying (but all RIM haven't quite mastered the solid back cover yet most BB's are wobbly!). I wouldn't swap this phone for ANYTHING it's freaking amazing.
    I subscribe 100%
    03-10-09 06:30 AM
    I would definitely recommend the Bold. The lack of a full keyboard really hurts the storm. Also the storm has a lot of bugs still that are being figured out, the Bold is far more stable. I used to have the Bold as well, and I liked it nearly as much as the 8900.
    03-10-09 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD