Hi all, I just picked my self up my first blackberry curve 8310. So far I am liking it. However there are some "odd" things. The major one is, is there a way to change the profiles by the volume rocker. I do have home dialing enabled, which i do like that feature. If there isn't a third-party app that i could use, is there a way to easily change it say "quite" mode then? Any help would be great. Thanks
    11-26-08 12:10 AM
    I just found this from another forum thread, and I verified that it works:

If you turn off dial from home screen, you will enable the keypad shortcuts. In effect, pressing F would bring up the profile dialog.

Call button > Menu > Options > General Options > Dial from home screen > No.

The thread is here for more tips. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/pro...warding-17507/
    11-26-08 08:18 AM
    If you like the dial from home screen option you can set up one of your convinence keys for profiles.
    11-26-08 09:11 AM
    If I were a gambling man I would say the OP wants to do what I can do on my Razr, hit a convenience key and then cycle through the profiles with out having to use shortcuts/scrolling on the Curve.

You can assign profiles to a curve convenience key, but all that does it call up the current profile.
    11-26-08 09:17 AM
    If I were a gambling man I would say the OP wants to do what I can do on my Razr, hit a convenience key and then cycle through the profiles with out having to use shortcuts/scrolling on the Curve.
    exactly, i just moved from a rizr (which basically has the same OS as a Razr). Guess i will have to keep looking. By anychance what is the speaker icon above the dollar symbol used for?
    11-26-08 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD