hey ya'll

I had to get a new bb becuase my old one messed up. With my previous plan I did not need the AT&T bb datapackage... I don't need one now. However, with the new phone, AT&T automatically added the BB dataplan. I cant get rid of it, and i dont want to get rid of the phone.

Heres what I did: I put my sim in another non-BB phone, call AT&T and deleted my dataplan. It worked. I then put my sim back into my BB, and a few mins later got a txt msg saying AT&T has added the BB data onto my phone. aaahhh!

So, how do I change the IMEI number to my old non-BB phone, so that AT&T can't tell i'm using my BB?

I'm new to all this, please be patient with me if I do not understand something.
    05-28-10 11:50 AM
    The simple answer is that you cannot.
    05-28-10 11:52 AM
    att randomly does sweeps of the phone to check to see if you have a data enabled phone, and adds data plans accordingly. you cannot avoid this. tough cookies but it is what it is.. if you want a dumb phone plan get a dumb phone.
    05-28-10 11:56 AM
    Not entirely sure, but I think what your asking is illegal. So no, we can't offer you any help. Just like what was said above, if you want the phone then you must pay for the plan to go with it. It doesn't matter if you don't need the plan because Att, your carrier, says you do need it.

You could unlock your phone and move to Tmobile, I think they're the only major carrier left that will let you use a BlackBerry without a data plan.
    05-28-10 12:39 PM
    About the only way you can do this is to get a non-AT&T phone, unlocked GSM.
    05-28-10 12:45 PM
    Not entirely sure, but I think what your asking is illegal. So no, we can't offer you any help. Just like what was said above, if you want the phone then you must pay for the plan to go with it. It doesn't matter if you don't need the plan because Att, your carrier, says you do need it.

You could unlock your phone and move to Tmobile, I think they're the only major carrier left that will let you use a BlackBerry without a data plan.

Not on a new plan. BB=BBdata on TMO now.
    05-28-10 02:11 PM
    Not on a new plan. BB=BBdata on TMO now.
    Thank you. I knew there were some stipulations to it, but didn't know what they were. Now I know
    05-28-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD