I've read all all the questions in this forum BEFORE I posted this one.

I currently use my BlackBerry 8330 for mobile email. I use mobile.google.com gmail client to check/write my mail (and it's awesome!)

I have deleted all my BIS email accounts because I can use this app and bypass Verizon completely.

So, how do I change the following signature created by gmail when I send and email via BB?

--
    Sent from my mobile device
    03-02-09 08:40 PM
    Have you logged into gmail via a pc to see if you can edit the mobile app there.

i don't see a way to edit it on the phone via the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:52 PM
    Yes, I've gone through all the gmail settings (which I'm already very familiar with) and don't see the ability to make any changes from there.
    03-02-09 10:02 PM
    There is no way to change the signature in the email app.

You can, however, change it in BIS settings if you have it set up there, but it won't change your sig on the app. Its a permanent built in feature.
    03-02-09 11:56 PM
    Why don't you download the gmail mobile app instead of visiting mobile.gmail.com.. Its MUCH FASTER than waiting for the web page to load AAAANNNDDDDD>>>> it gives you the option to remove the "Sent from my mobile device" signature .. Here's the link..

Google Mobile - Gmail
    03-03-09 12:41 AM
    Why don't you download the gmail mobile app instead of visiting mobile.gmail.com.. Its MUCH FASTER than waiting for the web page to load AAAANNNDDDDD>>>> it gives you the option to remove the "Sent from my mobile device" signature .. Here's the link..

Google Mobile - Gmail
    thanks but that's what I already use and it's great! Sorry if I used the wrong terms.
    03-03-09 02:13 AM
    i understand what you mean. good question then....i can't seem to find where you can remove/edit that.

maybe someone will come along soon...
    03-03-09 09:46 AM
    Why is this so difficult?
    In the gmail app on your phone hit the Blackberry key. Choose Settings. Uncheck where it says "When I send mail, add "Sent from my mobile device" to the end of my msgs. Again, UNCHECK that.
    Now go to gmail on a PC.
    Click Settings(upper right corner)
    Signature - put whatever you'd like.

I just tested and works fine.
    Last edited by miatapaul; 03-03-09 at 10:19 AM.
    03-03-09 10:16 AM
    you're right, that is easy! thanks! i just downloaded the app and it works.

i was trying to use the mobile web version...
    03-03-09 10:37 AM
    Why is this so difficult?
    In the gmail app on your phone hit the Blackberry key. Choose Settings. Uncheck where it says "When I send mail, add "Sent from my mobile device" to the end of my msgs. Again, UNCHECK that.
    Now go to gmail on a PC.
    Click Settings(upper right corner)
    Signature - put whatever you'd like.

I just tested and works fine.
    Thanks for your post. This won't work for me though.

Every email I send from that account will have that signature. I spend allot more time on my machine than on my handheld. The reason I want ppl to know its from my handheld is so they will pardon my typos etc.

03-03-09 12:11 PM
    Ahh. What do have against the BIS service? The fact that it's Verizon branded?
    03-03-09 12:14 PM
    Maybe try reinstalling the app because I jus tried mine as well and the option is working perfectly

03-03-09 12:39 PM
    Ahh. What do have against the BIS service? The fact that it's Verizon branded?
    Nothing against the BIS of Verizon. I just have 2 main email accounts associated with me and my business.
    I just don't want to add another email address for clients. If there's a way to keep that address "invisible" by using techniques. I'd happily sign back up for V BIS.

03-03-09 02:41 PM
    Maybe try reinstalling the app because I jus tried mine as well and the option is working perfectly

The option works fine. It just doesn't fit my needs.

03-03-09 02:42 PM
    Nothing against the BIS of Verizon. I just have 2 main email accounts associated with me and my business.
    I just don't want to add another email address for clients. If there's a way to keep that address "invisible" by using techniques. I'd happily sign back up for V BIS.

A lil confusing. You have 2 email accounts. 1 for personal and 1 for business?

You can set up both on BIS and they are completely separate. One has nothing to do with the other. If you email clients from one account, they have no idea about the other account.

Help me understand exactly what you need and your situation. PM if you want.
    03-03-09 06:10 PM
    Private Message sent.
    03-03-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD