I'm so ready to get rid of this Curve. It's soooo slow. Lately if I have to do a battery pull it's super slow. I see nothing but the hour glass, and the data arrows constantly running. It would finally clear up after about 5 or 10 minutes. Clearing the Data Log and Memory Cache don't help.
    I've been wanting another BlackBerry, but so far all of the new ones they've come out with on Verizon have not been up to standard. AT&T have been releasing some pretty solid BlackBerry phones.
    The new rumored 9650 Bold would be nice, but VZW is keeping us in the dark.
    Verizon now has the Incredible. I'm really thinking about getting it as well, but many say the battery isn't that great and it's hard to see outside in daylight.
    I'm so tired of seeing this hour glass lately. I've tried BerryJoose to try and speed things up. It doesn't really help much.
    I even went back to an older OS. After a wipe and fresh install with no 3rd party apps installed yet, it's still slow. So it's not the 3rd party apps causing the issue. Never had this problem before. It's always been slow, but never this slow.
    This is getting frustrating. I'm about to throw this thing out the window.
    Last edited by cdf3; 04-30-10 at 04:36 PM.
    04-30-10 04:33 PM
    how much free app memory do you have?
    you could probably delete some of the apps that you never use to bring it up to speed.
    04-30-10 04:36 PM
    I have an 8330 curve with Boost Mobile and it is blazing... I wonder why your is so slow. Can you install the latest OS for it and speed it up? I only have one application on mine thats third party "quickpull) which isnt working at this time but the phone is fast. Seems like the exact same phone should be all fast? Best of luck with it.
    04-30-10 04:37 PM
    With the 3rd party apps I would be at 30 MB after a battery pull. With the infamous memory leaks BlackBerry is known for, I would wind up with 18 or 19 MB. After a fresh wipe of the device and after reinstalling the OS, I have 55 MB.
    04-30-10 04:45 PM
    With the 3rd party apps I would be at 30 MB after a battery pull. With the infamous memory leaks BlackBerry is known for, I would wind up with 18 or 19 MB. After a fresh wipe of the device and after reinstalling the OS, I have 55 MB.
    Mine is: Application Memory Freespace 19.9 MB

What exactly is SLOW? The phone in general or spoecific to an app?
    04-30-10 04:55 PM
    Have you held down the menu key from the home screen and taken a look at your running apps? I have a total of 4.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 05:03 PM
    it only has 96mb in total.
    see if you have any apps running in the background or something
    04-30-10 05:05 PM
    Have you tried 5.0.0.580 from Boost Mobile? I have a VZW 8330 for a backup phone with this OS on it and it is smokin' fast!
    04-30-10 05:13 PM
    Have you tried 5.0.0.580 from Boost Mobile? I have a VZW 8330 for a backup phone with this OS on it and it is smokin' fast!
    Exactly! Just what I have and is also smokin.... maybe this would be the fix or help.
    04-30-10 05:21 PM
    Exactly! Just what I have and is also smokin.... maybe this would be the fix or help.
    How much memory do you have after install. I heard it can eat up quite a bit of memory. I would still like to be able to install the apps I've paid for back onto my device.
    04-30-10 06:24 PM
    I used shrink-a-os before installing to get rid of unessecary items, like extra languages, etc, and I have 45 MB file free after install. This is before loading any 3rd party apps.

Edit: After doing a battery pull (my 8330 has been in standby for 4 days) my file free is 46.36 MB with OS 5.0.0.580
    Last edited by travelingfool; 04-30-10 at 06:39 PM.
    04-30-10 06:30 PM
    it only has 96mb in total.
    see if you have any apps running in the background or something
    The OS takes up about 40 MB.
    I always close out apps. There are default BlackBerry apps that cannot be closed.
    04-30-10 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD