Hi guys,

I'm new to the Blackberry world. Just got a Curve 8310 and at the moment I'm having trouble viewing my media files with Media Manager.

I've previously used Media Manager to transfer image and audio files, and can view and listen to them without any problems on the device. However there are some pictures that I wanted to transfer from the device to my laptop using Media Manager and I can't.

I connected the device to the laptop with the USB cable. In the Media Manager interface when I go to My Devices tab and then click any of the folders in Device Memory I get the message: "There are no media files in this folder that match the filter settings. To change the filter settings, click the Filter for Media Types button." I checked the Filter for Media Types and it's set to All Media Files!

Also, when I click the Device Card I'm prompted to "activate Mass Storage Mode on device." I went to device options and then media card. The options read as follows:
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes

Below that it reads "The media card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use."

Finally, I've tried accessing the files through My Computer and although there is an icon for Removable Disk (F) when I click on it the computer gives me a prompt to Insert a disk into drive F - even though it's already connected!

What's going on? Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Longi_Kam; 06-05-08 at 06:44 PM.
    06-05-08 06:27 PM
    Never mind, I had a look around the CB forum and found that loads of other people have had a similar problem. Seems to be quite common.

Anyway, I followed somebody's advice (sorry can't remember who :$ ) and unhooked the USB cable from the laptop, did a battery pull on the Curve, waited a minute, replaced the battery, waited while the white screen did its business and then entered my password when prompted. I also restarted my laptop. Once both were back on I reconnected et voila!

Thanks CB.

Oh yeah, does anybody know if you can send preloaded pictures from the BB device to your PC? There's a really nice picture that I want to use as a wallpaper on my laptop.
    06-05-08 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD