I can't seem to update my phone anymore. I run the installer, afterwards I remove the vendor xml file.

After that I start loader.exe and it keeps on saying: The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer.

I'm 100% sure I donwloaded the right files. This is happening since the newer desktop manager version and windows 7 I believe. Even when I download the newest version from my own phone provider it gives the same error.

Any solution?
    08-17-10 08:09 AM
    I got it working now.. used BBSAK. Maybe you could mention that on the newest OS pages?

I must say I think it's BS that RIM decides what version I can or cannot run on my BB.
    08-17-10 08:33 AM
    I got it working now.. used BBSAK. Maybe you could mention that on the newest OS pages?

I must say I think it's BS that RIM decides what version I can or cannot run on my BB.
    most people know they can use BBSAK to load an OS. also, carriers "decide" which OS's they want running on their phones. but its irrelevant since you can delete the vendor file and install whatever you want.
    08-18-10 05:45 AM
    most people know they can use BBSAK to load an OS. also, carriers "decide" which OS's they want running on their phones. but its irrelevant since you can delete the vendor file and install whatever you want.
    I've done quite some updates in the past but I didn't know you needed a third part tool called BBSAK. Not sure if that is due to my lack of knowledge or not :P

But deleting the vendor xml file did not work as I stated before.
    08-18-10 09:10 AM
    I've done quite some updates in the past but I didn't know you needed a third part tool called BBSAK. Not sure if that is due to my lack of knowledge or not :P

But deleting the vendor xml file did not work as I stated before.
    you dont need BBSAK to update the OS, it is just possible to use it if necessary. sometimes, there may be more than one vendor file thats hidden. also, people running Vista or Windows 7 need to run the updates as administrator to get them to work. 99% of the time, upgrades work perfectly through the loader process or DM. theres a few tricks to make it work when it isnt working properly.
    08-18-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD