I have been trying to use sprint tv on my bb curve, when i launch it it asks if i want to allow the certificate, i hit trust certificate and it says:

The certificate could not be added to the trusted key store due to it policy restrictions.

This has happened when i installed gmail and launched it also. Anyone know how to stop this and make it allow it?

It's frustrating because when i click anything in sprint tv it keeps popping up over and over. Thanks
    05-28-08 06:27 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Where did you get your phone? Is it used for your work and activated on BES?
    05-28-08 06:31 PM
    ---

I have the same problem, that Certificate thing WON'T stay away, it pops up every 5 seconds and wants a password, then pops up again anyway. Mine I guess is BIS (not a company phone). Sorry for piggybacking here but....

-----
    05-28-08 06:59 PM
    I just got setup on BIS
    I have the same problem does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks
    09-06-08 05:37 PM
    IT Policy Restrictions - These are added to the phone from the device being on the BES. Was this a replacement from Sprint? I know you were asked this, but did not see a response, is used? from EBAY?, Craig's List, or private party?
    09-06-08 07:21 PM
    Here is some info I found about Certificates

About certificates

You can use certificates if you install the S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerry devices. For more information, see the user guide supplement for the S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerry devices.

About the key store

The key store on your BlackBerry device might store the following items. To access these items in the key store, you must type a key store password.

• personal certificates (certificate and private key pairs)
    • certificates that you download using the certificate synchronization tool of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    • certificates that you download from an LDAP certificate server
    • certificates that you add from a message
    • personal PGP� keys (public and private key pairs)
    • PGP public keys that you download from an LDAP certificate server
    • PGP public keys that you add from a message
    • root certificates that are included in the BlackBerry Desktop Software

About PGP keys

You can use PGP keys if you install the PGP Support Package for BlackBerry devices. For more information, see the user guide supplement for the PGP Support Package for BlackBerry devices.

Not sure if this applies to this situation.

Also there is a supplement doc referenced here that I cannot find.
    09-06-08 07:26 PM
    I was having trouble with a google certificate and was able to manually "Trust the certificate" for google by going into Options (that is system options on the main screen) >> Security Settings >> Certificates >> selected the revoked certificate for Google, and I hit the menu key and you should see the option to "Trust". It was at the very bottom. (Also, on the 9550, it is under options > security options > advanced security options > certificates)
    01-05-10 11:40 AM
    Taking NuchDog's advice I was able to fix the Google Cert issue. It would ask any time sync wanted to run, and would not allow me to trust the cert. Trusting it through the security options fixed the issue. I would recommend that people check and make sure that the cert they trust is the correct one, and that it's not expired or from some bogus authority ( I think the Google one was a Thawte cert).
    01-24-10 11:05 PM
    "The certificate could not be added to the trusted key store due to it policy restrictions."

NuchDog's solution worked!

Everytime the popup message occurred, I would try to "trust" the google certificate, and put in my password successfully, but would still receive the message.

Revised instructions for the Blackberry Bold are:
    1) Options
    2) Security Options
    3) Certificates
    4) Scroll down (to www`Google`com for example)
    5) Press your menu key (aka command button)
    6) Trust
    7) Enter your key store password.

For simplicity, it is normally advisable to synchronize your key store password to your device password (i.e. keep them the same):

To setup your key store password (this is a different function than your device password):
    1) Options
    2) Security Options
    3) Key Stores
    4) If you have never set up a Key Store Password, it will prompt you to do so.
    5) If you want to sync, select "Yes" for: "Set Synchronize Key Store Password to Device Password"
    6) If you have already set up a key store password, and still really want to make the key store password different, press your menu key (aka command button).
    7) Select "Change Key Store Password".
    01-25-10 09:51 AM
    Hi.. I am new here BB Curve 8330 is what I have.
    This may be an older thread but it did help me
    Forgive my noobness but.. What is BIM & BEM? Thanks again.. Have a great day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 10:02 AM
    I was having trouble with a google certificate and was able to manually "Trust the certificate" for google by going into Options (that is system options on the main screen) >> Security Settings >> Certificates >> selected the revoked certificate for Google, and I hit the menu key and you should see the option to "Trust". It was at the very bottom. (Also, on the 9550, it is under options > security options > advanced security options > certificates)
    There's a certificate listed here that has a question mark next to it instead of a check mark. How do I turn it into a check mark?
    06-24-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD