i just bought a (VZW) 8330 and when i try to send pics to my sister who has a 8310 (AT&T) it won't go through....i never receive the pic. same thing happens when she tries to send them to me. they say that are sent but nothing. i've been to two VZW stores and one AT&T store to try to troubleshoot this problem and they all say the same thing..."that's strange". she can get things from other AT&T users and i can get things from other VZW users but not to each other. i read that they have different OS and wouldn't think that would cause this problem. and AT&T will be changing over to the new OS soon anyway. has this happen to anyone else? i'm considering switching to AT&T becasue of this problem amoung others i've had with VZW.
    at this point i'm open to any advise.
    10-14-08 09:05 AM
    I presume that you take a picture, and then you are trying to email it to your sister? Which email account are you using to send?

If it's not your built in blackberry.net email account, you may want to check on the size of the image, and also check with your email provider on their attachment/filesize policies. Also, some trial and error testing might help you get to the bottom of the issue. Can your sister recieve email messages from you without attachments? You from her, etc.? What about a completely different attachment type, like a .doc or a .pdf?

If you would like a "control," you can try and send a picture to me. I have a Verizon 8830. PM me if you would like to try testing to/from me.
    10-14-08 09:27 AM
    I've tried email and MMS. I have gmail and she has yahoo. yes, she can receive emails and SMS from me and vise versa. i've tried sending a pic that a VZW rep sent to me as a test to my sister and it didn't go through. Haven't tried any other format. At first I couldn't send her ringtones or anything. While I found a way around that it seems to be a long way around. I had a DARE and upgraded to the 8330 and the DARE was recieving everything that she sent to me. It seems that I down graded instead of up grading.
    10-14-08 10:29 AM
    I have this issue with a friend of mine who has AT&T. He will send a pic to me (VZW) and my brother (T-Mobile). Sometimes the pic will come thru just fine and other times my brother will get it fast and I will never get it. I think the two networks, VZW and AT&T, just do not get along at times. They may have dated in the past and had an ugly breakup! I really do not have a reason it does this but realize that it is what it is. I do not think there is anything "wrong" or anything anyone can do to fix it.
    10-14-08 05:41 PM
    I've tried email and MMS. I have gmail and she has yahoo. yes, she can receive emails and SMS from me and vise versa. i've tried sending a pic that a VZW rep sent to me as a test to my sister and it didn't go through. Haven't tried any other format. At first I couldn't send her ringtones or anything. While I found a way around that it seems to be a long way around. I had a DARE and upgraded to the 8330 and the DARE was recieving everything that she sent to me. It seems that I down graded instead of up grading.
    You did not downgrade, repeat, you did not downgrade. It is hit and miss with the networks, see above post!
    10-14-08 05:43 PM
    A curve being a downgrade from the DARE? Dares are for kids, bb is where it's at!!
    10-14-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD