Hey guys, I'm able to send and receive texts and receive picture messages, but people don't seem to receive my photo messages, any ideas why?? I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T and have the Curve 8310. Thanks guys!
    01-18-08 03:08 PM
    I have the same issue depending on who I send to. If I send it to my friend with a bb on the verizon network it never shows up. I changed he setting on the pic size and that helped to be able to send to some contacts. I would like to get some input on tis also.
    01-19-08 05:30 PM
    I am running into the same issue with Verizon as well. I have tried in the past 2 - 3 weeks to send to mms messages of pics to my girlfriend and damn she never recieves then.. I wonder what the problem is...

Charlie
    01-19-08 11:36 PM
    this issue is really getting to me...has anyone figured out a solution?? I found out that picture messages can be sent to other phones like Helio, but none get through to my friend's Verizon phones. Please help!
    01-23-08 10:53 AM
    May be a stupid answer but do you have a data plan?

Thats all I can think of, sorry.
    01-23-08 12:26 PM
    Verizon disabled MMS on their 8830 WE. Yeah, you know Verizon.
    01-23-08 05:49 PM
    The Curve is a 8310 from AT&T and I have an unlimited data plan. Yet when i try to send photo messages to my friend's verizon phone, they don't get it. Other people of Helio or AT&T get it though, still no solutions??
    01-23-08 06:11 PM
    I had the same problem sending MMS to my mom, who has AT&T, and my BF, who has T-Mobile. What I do now is send the pictures as an email to their MMS email address and they get them fine.

Example:

The MMS address for AT&T customers is:
    "mobilenumber"@mms.att.net

The MMS address for T-Mobile customers is:
    "mobilenumber"@tomomail.net

So like you take a picture, it gives you the option to send as MMS or Email. Choose to send as an Email.
    01-23-08 08:25 PM
    I have recently noticed I have the same issue. My friend who has another kind of "smart" phone and is also with at&t gets my pictures. I have tried to send pictures to 2 different people who own Chocolates with Verizon and they never recieved my pictures. Also a friend with Sprint gets my pictures too, could it be Verizon that is the issue?
    01-23-08 08:27 PM
    so no one has a solution?? aren't there any Curve/AT&T tech's out there on this forum??
    01-25-08 11:03 PM
    Sounds like Verizon is all of your problems. I love my 7100i with Nextel. Nextel does not go through any of those problems. I'm glad that I'm able to hear all of you chat about the problems you all have that way, I won't be in a hurry to purchase one of those types. Thanks a bunch!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-08 11:48 PM
    great....next time, post only when you have something helpful or useful to say.
    01-26-08 12:00 AM
    so no one has a solution?? aren't there any Curve/AT&T tech's out there on this forum??
    Ummm... didn't you read my previous post? It's the only workaround I know of, but it works.
    01-26-08 02:41 PM
    I spoke with a Verizon data tech. He stated that MMS text is not a feature on the 8830 because it doesn't have a camara. Therefore it doesn't support picture text. But the BB Pearl has a camara so it does support picture messaging. Not sure if this is true or not.

But if the Pearl can support MMS text, it seem like we should be able to crack the 8830
    Last edited by kingkey; 01-27-08 at 03:11 PM.
    01-27-08 03:07 PM
    I spoke with a Verizon data tech. He stated that MMS text is not a feature on the 8830 because it doesn't have a camara. Therefore it doesn't support picture text. But the BB Pearl has a camara so it does support picture messaging. Not sure if this is true or not.

But if the Pearl can support MMS text, it seem like we should be able to crack the 8830
    Don't listen to Verizon data tech. BlackBerry site showed 8830 has MMS feature. In fact, Verizon removed MMS feature from 8830.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry 8830
    01-27-08 07:41 PM
    so no solution?? i understand you can send it through e-mail, but i want to be able to send mms texts too. I have a curve, so it should have the capability.
    01-28-08 01:16 PM
    To send the MMS message, you will include the recipient�s phone number along with their carrier�s e-mail prefix. An example of this would be [email protected] for a T-mobile telephone number. This does require that you know who your recipient�s carrier is, however, all you have to do is ask your friend who their cell phone carrier is. After you have done this, you will be able to send the MMS message to them, and they will receive it like a MMS text message.

Below are the Email Prefixes for the major cell phone carriers: Verizon, vzpix.com; AT&T/Cingular, mms.att.com; T-Mobile, tmomail.net; Sprint/Nextel, messaging.sprintpcs.com; Virgin Mobile, vmobl.net; Amp�d Mobile, vzwpix.com; Alltel, message.alltel.com

01-28-08 05:12 PM
    Does anybody know anyone with one of those real cheap I-can't-leave-the-area phones? I have a friend with one of those phones and I can't send him pics from my Berry. Just wondering if their configurations doesn't allow them to get pictures texts from a smartphone.
    02-11-08 02:31 PM
    Well, I have a 8300 and can't send any MMS messages through ATT! I have tried service books, syncing and after calling att and the lady telling me it was the state I lived in, I got mad and said forget it!

I have even tried sending it to the MMS address....still nothing.

Any ideas anyone? Why have a mms plan if you can't use it?
    02-11-08 04:17 PM
    FWIW, you said you had an unlimited data plan. Not that it has anything to do with your problem, but AT&T (not sure about other carriers) bills MMS as a text, not data.

02-11-08 09:48 PM
    I know I had a similiar problem a couple of months ago. I lost the option to mms and my internet browser. I did a battery pull and back they came. Don't know if it will help, but it worked for me.
    02-23-08 09:27 AM
    same thing happened to me yesterday. I tried to send a MMS picture 5 times and it failed. I gave up. This morning that message showed up with a big red x - I hit resend and it went through this morning (ATT w/ unlimited data plan [but like someone else said... I still get charged extra for MMS so it's really a limited unlimited plan])
    02-23-08 10:26 AM
    It is my understanding, just to preface this repsonse, that mms is not considered data, but a "text" message. You would need to buy a text package to avoid per use charges. The unlimited data plan is for the email / net surfing / bb messenger, but does not include short message service or mulitmedia message service.
    02-23-08 02:33 PM
    They did remove it. Verizon just doesn't send the MMS service book.

02-23-08 02:47 PM
    I am also having this same problem. I cannot send an MMS with a picture to a friend who has a Verizon phone (non-blackberry multimedia phone).

Anyone know of a different solution other than sending it to vzwpix.com?

Thanks!
    03-06-08 04:32 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD