This Curve 8330 is my first Blackberry (upgraded from a Treo 70wx), and I'm finding that none of my listserv digest emails are readable.
    The table of contents for the digest shows, and under the From line, it will show the number of attachments. However, I cannot view the contents of the postings. Are there settings that I need to change?

Thanks
    03-02-09 09:21 AM
    Are your listserv digests plain ASCII text files? Do you have the BlackBerry Attachment Service installed? The Blackberry Attachment Service gives users the ability to open and view email attachments in the following formats: doc, xls, ppt, wordperfect, pdf, ascii, html, jpg, bmp, gif, png, and tiff, and the zip'd versions of these. If you don't have it installed, run the Desktop Manager App Loader and ensure that the box for it is checked. Then the DM App Loader will install it.

If you don't have your device OS installed as an application on your PC, you'll have to do that to have the Attachment Service listed as an option. If you don't have it, follow the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Reed takes you through the steps to download and install your phone's OS on your PC. Then the App Loader will be able to find it.
    03-02-09 08:32 PM
    Thanks, Jeff. I followed those instructions, installed the OS to my computer, and added the BB Attachment service. However, I still can't view the listserv messages. I get the error "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device".
    03-02-09 10:30 PM
    Can you rename the attachment and append .txt to the file name? If it's just named "Fred," the BB may not realize it's text. "Fred.txt" is unambiguous.
    03-02-09 10:54 PM
    I don't think I'm able to rename the attachment. I'm surprised that when I Google to find a solution to this problem, I don't find any postings from others with the same problem...hmmm
    03-04-09 08:46 PM
    I don't think I'm able to rename the attachment. I'm surprised that when I Google to find a solution to this problem, I don't find any postings from others with the same problem...hmmm
    That's a good observation. It suggests either listserv digests aren't that common in the BlackBerry world, or there's a simple solution we're overlooking.
    03-04-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD