Bought a Curve from a freind and was going great but now its stopped making or recieving calls. He had an 02 sim in it and I'm on Vodaphone and had no probs when I first put my sim in. It just comes up with call failed when I try to call out and wont take incoming calls either. Theres no barring on the phone that I can see and I get internet with an excellent signal. Can anyone help????
    08-24-10 01:02 PM
    Is the phone unlocked? If it is not, it is locked to a carrier and only another SIM card from the same carrier will work.

I always recommend sending service books before doing anything else; you can do this from the carrier's BIS/Email Setup page.
    08-25-10 02:05 PM
    Bought a Curve from a freind and was going great but now its stopped making or recieving calls. He had an 02 sim in it and I'm on Vodaphone and had no probs when I first put my sim in. It just comes up with call failed when I try to call out and wont take incoming calls either. Theres no barring on the phone that I can see and I get internet with an excellent signal. Can anyone help????
    one of these could help:

1. try a battery pull
    2. Check under Options>Phone options>FDN Phone List - there shouldnt be any numbers listed here.
    3. Check under Options>Phone options>Smart dialling - check if the settings here are right. your friend could have created settings that were compatible with O2 but are incompatible with Vodaphone
    4. Check under Options>Phone options>General Options - Restrict My Identity - Change this to Network determined. Some networks dont like the other options.
    5. try using the sim card in a different phone. if calls work then there is no problem with the network.
    6. If all else fails, do a reflash of the OS. this should most likely take care of the problem.

If #1 through 6 dont solve the problem, all i can think of is that it could be a hardware problem. get it looked at by a BB service center.

let us know how it works out.
    08-26-10 05:40 AM
    Try going to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card and typing MEPD, if the "Network" status is active, then it is locked to a network, and it will not accept other sim cards in the phone.
    08-26-10 05:52 AM
    you might also want to check with Vodaphone if the particular IMEI is blocked or reported as lost/stolen.
    08-26-10 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD