Hi

I got a 8520 that I just upgraded to OS 5 and it was a success. I been trying to install themes and have tried two ways with no results:

1. d/l the .jad file onto my desktop then putting it on the memory card then executing it from there. The download message comes up and when it starts i get an error message: 907 invalid COD.

2. Browse to the actual site on my BB and open the link from there and browser says HTTP Error 403: Forbidden, you are not authorized to view this page etc - I have just tired a theme that someone just downloaded so i dont think thats the problem

Im new so have i missed something i need to do to the phone to allow me to d/l a theme?

thanks!
    06-09-10 09:14 AM
    Jad/jar files are pointers. They tell the OS what files to install and how. You get invalid cod because there are no cod files there to install. Use OTALoader, it will download the jad and the cods. Them you can go on as you were doing.

OTA downloads will only work if you have the browser emulation disabled. Must have BlackBerry as the mode you're using.

Welcome to the forums.
    06-09-10 09:20 AM
    Jad/jar files are pointers. They tell the OS what files to install and how. You get invalid cod because there are no cod files there to install. Use OTALoader, it will download the jad and the cods. Them you can go on as you were doing.

OTA downloads will only work if you have the browser emulation disabled. Must have BlackBerry as the mode you're using.

Welcome to the forums.
    Thanks - but im a little confused as to your explanation
    06-09-10 09:29 AM
    Give it a try and you'll see it's just as easy. Pretty much it adds the missing link (the COD files) to what you were already doing.
    06-09-10 09:51 AM
    Give it a try and you'll see it's just as easy. Pretty much it adds the missing link (the COD files) to what you were already doing.
    i have just tired it - downloaded the OTALoader and it cant find any files yet I can download it - how do i switch off browser emulation?
    06-09-10 09:55 AM
    Be sure your downloading Themes that are specific to your phone model and OS type. If not, they dont show up.
    06-09-10 10:14 AM
    Run OTALoader, copy the jad link into it and it will download the jad and the cods.

Browser > Menu > Options > Browser options (the 1st option). You'll find emulation modes there.
    06-09-10 10:15 AM
    Be sure your downloading Themes that are specific to your phone model and OS type. If not, they dont show up.
    yup I am 8520 themes from this forum and for OS 5.

And I have tried copying the link they just dont work - again from this forum. For example this theme:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/ht...e-free-470938/
    06-09-10 10:24 AM
    The problem is: the poster made a file with loads of spaces, so the url is broken.
    06-09-10 10:29 AM
    06-09-10 10:37 AM
    this one doesnt work either and no spaces: http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/fr...rew05d-426642/

but others are installing them - so there must be a way my friend
    06-09-10 10:40 AM
    this one doesnt work either and no spaces: http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/fr...rew05d-426642/

but others are installing them - so there must be a way my friend
    I know this works, cause I have this, and a couple more of DREW's Themes. You need to be d/l ing this with your Berry not your computer.
    06-09-10 11:34 AM
    Then there is something wrong with the way the site handles OTAs.

How about asking the builders for a zip? Guess you didn't think of that.
    06-09-10 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD