I am unable to install any of the free themes from this site. Is there something other than making sure the OS and version are correct to downloading a theme? I have tried I don't knw how many of these themes and NONE of them even show up on my list of themes.
    What give?
    I am on a 8330 curve with 5.0
    And someone needs to show support how to use the reply feature on their email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 12:15 PM
    There are only a few themers making versions for 83xx OS 5.0.
    04-10-10 12:21 PM
    There are only a few themers making versions for 83xx OS 5.0.
    Granted, but when a developer makes a theme and says it is for the 83xx and for OS 5, then it should run on the 83xx running OS 5, right?
    Then why do most of them not?

04-11-10 11:41 AM
    Granted, but when a developer makes a theme and says it is for the 83xx and for OS 5, then it should run on the 83xx running OS 5, right?
    Then why do most of them not?

You would have to ask the developer that question. Only they could respond to it.
    04-11-10 11:54 AM
    You would have to ask the developer that question. Only they could respond to it.
    Hense the second part about replying to emails.

04-11-10 02:31 PM
    If you downloaded the themes from the 8330 theme forum, you could post your question in the thread containing the OTA link for the theme. The developer is the one who posted the link, so he should be able to answer your question if you post in that thread.
    04-11-10 02:46 PM
    Did you delete the stock themes?

04-11-10 09:05 PM
    Hense the second part about replying to emails.

What themes did you download? Did you notice if the thread was an older post, say, from last year? Some themers aren't active on Crackberry any more.

If you see a themer actively posting on one of their own threads, they would most likely respond if you PM'd one of them.... or you could post directly in that thread.
    04-12-10 07:53 PM
    Did you delete the stock themes?

I deleted all but the stock zen theme as per Crackberry 101 to make my BB run faster. It took it from locking uo most of the time, to only locking up 8 or 9 times a day. The blackberrey sucks as a multimedia too and is only adequate as an MP3 player but I am trying to deal with it. Knowing where I can download free themes for my model and OS would be great.
    Even wheb doing a search on this forum is when I do a search for "free themes for 8330 running OS 5" if the results would exclude every other device and OS that would help also.
    Why is it so hard to find ones that work? Do the test them at ALL?

05-02-10 06:04 PM
    Where are the themes that WORK on the 8330 running OS 5.0.0.438?
    Please just answer this question.

05-02-10 06:07 PM
    How do I get the stock themes back?

05-22-10 09:09 AM
    Go to options, advanced options and applications. Check to see if the themes are listed in the applications list. If they are try doing a battery pull to reset your phone and then check to see if the themes are listed in your theme folder.

Jayme
    Last edited by JaymeLHarris; 06-17-10 at 03:32 PM. Reason: fixed a spelling error :-) twice.
    06-17-10 03:30 PM
    Just like any tool, the blackberry is only as capable and/or as useless as the person who is holding it.

That was not necessary. If you can't help someone out, don't start commenting on the person. Kinda makes you look... ummm... you know...
    mean.
    06-18-10 01:57 PM
    I have also followed Harlequin in his search for a solution. Maybe you think
    he's refusing to believe that he has to reinstall his OS, but I know that his
    problem is that he can't load a new OS due to not having access to a
    computer... so I don't think I wasted any time here on his thread, but I do
    think you did waste some time today.

Actually he hasn't posted in this thread in 4 weeks, but a new person
    brought it back to the top.
    06-18-10 05:39 PM
    I did notice that a big chunk of this thread was deleted, though....
    06-18-10 05:41 PM
    And with that you end up with the conclusion that if someone here doesn't buy him a computer, then there is nothing anyone can do! Feeling generous today TA?

Nobody said anything about buying him a computer!

You can just ignore a thread instead of being sarcastic, or is that too hard
    for you?
    06-18-10 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD