I have been trying to install OS 5.0.0.681 from my carrier (Etisalat) and have failed repeatedly. What happes is that it goes upto 'Loading Applications' Stage and at some point during that stage the BB resets itself and installation fails.

I then have a bricked BB and have to resintall my previous OS 4.6. I have even tried installing OS 5 from other carriers by deleting vendor.xml file but with the same result.

Any clue what's happening.

on the upside i've become a sort of professional in reviving nuked 8520s.
    Last edited by ravs7777; 06-15-10 at 02:06 AM.
    06-15-10 12:49 AM
    I have been trying to install OS 5.0.0.681 from my carrier (Etisalat) and have failed repeatedly. What happes is that it goes upto 'Loading Applications' Stage and at some point during that stage the BB resets itself and installation fails.

I then have a bricked BB and have to resintall my previous OS 4.6. I have even tried installing OS 5 from other carriers by deleting vendor.xml file but with the same result.

Any clue what's happening.

on the upside i've become a sort of professional in reviving nuked 8520s.
    You don't have to delete 'vendor.xml' if the update is from your actual carrier. You can also use your phone itself to update your OS (Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update).
    06-15-10 09:03 AM
    I deleted the vendor file when trying out OS from other carriers.

I have tried wireless updates but it shows no updates available. The blackberry.com page for my carrier (Etisalat) has version 5.0.0.681 available for download for 8520!

My phone is on company BES. Could that be an issue?

Apploader displays that some the digital signatures of some modules are not vaild and installation fails.
    Last edited by ravs7777; 06-16-10 at 03:28 AM.
    06-16-10 03:25 AM
    I deleted the vendor file when trying out OS from other carriers.

I have tried wireless updates but it shows no updates available. The blackberry.com page for my carrier (Etisalat) has version 5.0.0.681 available for download for 8520!

My phone is on company BES. Could that be an issue?

Apploader displays that some the digital signatures of some modules are not vaild and installation fails.
    Yes. Get ahold of your IT and ask about the update.
    06-16-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD