I'm getting really week signals where I should be getting really strong signals

I've tried battery pulls, I've tried resending service books, re-registering the HRT.... I can't think of anything else to try

I have the 4.5.0.160/.163/4.6/5.0 Hybrid OS, but this problem was there before when i had the standard 4.5.0.160 OS.

Can anyone think of why this problem would occur? It's starting to get really annoying not having a strong voice or data connection
    07-11-09 09:47 AM
    I cant remember..but does that os use the 131 radio file?
    07-11-09 09:55 AM
    Install 4.5.131 then see if that fixes it. If it does you can install the 4.6/5.0 files right in the .131 and upgrade those files. The hybrid with the .163 files was crap for me but the 4.5.131/4.6/5.0 hybrid seems to be just as fast with out the probs of the others and the batt lasts longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 10:26 AM
    I saw in the hybrid thread that many users had used the .131 OS as their base instead of the .160 but I didn't have time to download it or even look for it at that point.

Where to download it, where can I get it?
    07-11-09 12:15 PM
    Download the 131 Os and install it. Then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files and pick the 131 OS. Then go into the CDMA folder, not the java folder. Copy the only file thats in there. Now go back to your Hybrid OS you are using and paste it in the CDMA folder. Reinstall the OS.
    07-11-09 12:30 PM
    seen this question and I was wondering what is a max signal you can get from a 8330? mine hovers around -90
    07-11-09 12:51 PM
    Oh wow, the best I've had was -68

07-11-09 01:19 PM
    This confuses me...

Around my area I get anywhere from -83 to -90, and am almost always on the phone or internet/Pandora with no issues at all. [8330 theV .77]

Not to stray away from the OP question, but I was under the impression that being around -75 to -90 was good, am I wrong?
    07-11-09 02:35 PM
    Yes that is good.

07-11-09 03:00 PM
    Im at -105dBm but Im on wifi. For me I hit wifi anything higher than -85
    07-11-09 03:08 PM
    Mine hovers around 101 -dBm. That -98 is the highest it's gotten.

Where can I DL .131 guys?

And when I DL and install, is the .131 installation going to conflict at all with the hybrid that is already installed on my computer?

Thanks guys, this is driving me nuts here... I just hope I don't go bald in the process!!

07-11-09 07:23 PM
    GO here and select your device. https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=URNZcPHMm
    download the .131 there.
    Install it to your pc. No it will not mess with your hybrid. Copy the file from the CDMA folder I directed you to before. Paste it into your CDMA folder of your hybrid. Now, I would go to add remove in control panel and uninstall the 131 OS. I would wipe the device with jl-_cmdr then reinstall the OS from here. Of course do a backup prior to wiping.

EDIT: You may have to delete the vendor.xml file in the apploader again. Then run loader.exe right from the apploader section after you have wiped the device .
    07-11-09 07:35 PM
    to the OP,
    dont get too confused by the GSM radio signal strength... they will commonly see signal stregths that will never be seen on an 8330.
    Differences in the signal coding means that for an equivalent call quality/robustness a high signal strength is needed for GSM
    07-11-09 11:05 PM
    This confuses me...

Around my area I get anywhere from -83 to -90, and am almost always on the phone or internet/Pandora with no issues at all. [8330 theV .77]

Not to stray away from the OP question, but I was under the impression that being around -75 to -90 was good, am I wrong?

I have MAJOR problems just connecting calls, let alone surfing the web and streaming music. I never had this much trouble with my old LG dumbphone with calls dropping and data transfers/downloads. It's getting pretty annoying.

to the OP,
    dont get too confused by the GSM radio signal strength... they will commonly see signal stregths that will never be seen on an 8330.
    Differences in the signal coding means that for an equivalent call quality/robustness a high signal strength is needed for GSM

Say wa?

GO here and select your device. https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=URNZcPHMm
    download the .131 there.
    Install it to your pc. No it will not mess with your hybrid. Copy the file from the CDMA folder I directed you to before. Paste it into your CDMA folder of your hybrid. Now, I would go to add remove in control panel and uninstall the 131 OS. I would wipe the device with jl-_cmdr then reinstall the OS from here. Of course do a backup prior to wiping.

EDIT: You may have to delete the vendor.xml file in the apploader again. Then run loader.exe right from the apploader section after you have wiped the device .
    I already have the .131 phone rim8330c.sfi file in my hybrid, it was included in Lyricidal's 8330 .rar from page one of the beta hybrid thread... or is there a different one that wasn't in that one?
    07-12-09 12:17 AM
    Bumpidy bump bump.

Anybody have a fix for this? I'm still at a loss

07-13-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD