...okay, so I have had a Sprint 8330 for about a year now. I was going to go ahead and jump ship to the Tour this weekend but just couldn't do it. My Curve is still going strong and has not failed me yet. I mean, granted I can't get the lastest and greatest OS, Apps, Themes, etc, but I really don't need them.

Is anyone else the same way?

I just couldn't do it....
    08-02-09 05:18 PM
    Not me..look at it this way..at least your honest and not like alot of people lieing cheating breaking their phones just to get the newest latest and greatest device...if it works dont fix it.

Hats off to you.
    08-02-09 05:32 PM
    I am getting my first Curve tomorrow I am hoping I made a good decision.
    08-02-09 05:41 PM
    I have the Curve as well...but for some reason I want the Tour...why, I don't know! Maybe, it's because it's the newest gadget that Verizon offers in the BB. The Storm STINKS..

Anyways, I just can't can't seem to get rid of my CURVE. Maybe BB will design a new Curve in a couple of years.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BB.......
    08-02-09 06:09 PM
    I had the Tour for 2 weeks and decided to return it. It was nice and all, but the improvements were all incremental to me and not a vast improvement over my rock-solid 8330.

I'm sticking to my 8330 till something better comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 06:23 PM
    I have the 8330 and jumped ship to move to the storm but after 2 weeks I returned it because I love my 8330 soo much, but now I really want the tour so Im torn as well.
    08-02-09 06:31 PM
    I had the Tour for 2 weeks and decided to return it. It was nice and all, but the improvements were all incremental to me and not a vast improvement over my rock-solid 8330.

I had the Tour for 3 days before deciding to return for the exact same reasons.
    08-02-09 06:33 PM
    I've got an 8330 and it works just fine. I may switch to the tour in a year or so once they work out any bugs that seem to be present on a new release.

08-02-09 06:38 PM
    I love my curve but also wanted the tour but buying at retail is too steep for me. I'm keeping my curve for now even though I wish it was faster

08-02-09 06:47 PM
    I have had my 8330 for a month and was thinking about going to the tour. The rep at the sprint store said I should wait the the new bb tour with wifi will be out soon and that they have another bb coming out in november? Wonder if its true.

08-02-09 06:48 PM
    I had the Tour for 3 days before deciding to return for the exact same reasons.
    I didn't like the Tour's keyboard either. They moved the shift keys and made them smaller just so it could look nice and be inline with the flow of the keyboard lines. The keys felt flat and slippery.

08-02-09 06:55 PM
    i understand the feeling, every time i get up to go get the tour i find some reason not to and say ill do it tomorrow even though i know the tour is a great phone
    08-02-09 06:57 PM
    I didn't like the Tour's keyboard either. They moved the shift keys and made them smaller just so it could look nice and be inline with the flow of the keyboard lines. The keys felt flat and slippery.

I'm not with vzw (I'm with t-mo) but I felt like checking out the Tour at a store (I know it's not the same as taking it home and using it), but I hated the keyboard! I like my keyboard on the 8900 much better cause I can feel the keys better when typing. I had noticed the same thing back when I tested the Bold which is a huge reason I didn't go for it. Plus, the Tour not having WiFi sux!! 3G hasn't impressed me much. Til it's more widespread, it's nothing to write home about IMO. Tour skipping out on WiFi is a dealbreaker for me.

I think Driftwood/Onyx is gonna kill them all (except for that sucky keyboard...but maybe it's not so bad when you get used to it. Til then I'm totally sticking to my 8900 Curve!

08-02-09 07:03 PM
    It's always nice to get something new... but I think you're smart to just keep your phone if it's working for you.

You have to look at what you'll really gain. I just bought my first BB Verizon Curve on Ebay and I absolutely love it. I gained the ability to check my email and access the internet anywhere, anytime and listen to music from my phone instead of carrying a separate mp3 player. Plus there's a lot of free, cool apps to play with.
    08-02-09 07:03 PM
    I am wanting a Tour too I think for the same reason because it is a new gadget on the market too!!! I had a Pearl too I just in love BB's in general LOL. I learned my lesson nothing else will do what a BB can do at least I don't think anyway.
    08-02-09 07:35 PM
    I'm not with vzw (I'm with t-mo) but I felt like checking out the Tour at a store (I know it's not the same as taking it home and using it), but I hated the keyboard! I like my keyboard on the 8900 much better cause I can feel the keys better when typing. I had noticed the same thing back when I tested the Bold which is a huge reason I didn't go for it. Plus, the Tour not having WiFi sux!! 3G hasn't impressed me much. Til it's more widespread, it's nothing to write home about IMO. Tour skipping out on WiFi is a dealbreaker for me.

I think Driftwood/Onyx is gonna kill them all (except for that sucky keyboard...but maybe it's not so bad when you get used to it. Til then I'm totally sticking to my 8900 Curve!

Maybe 3G on T-Mobile sucks but is great on sprint I get coverage everywhere. EVDO is pretty widespread.
    08-02-09 07:35 PM

I had mine 2 days. Just love form factor of my Curve only had it 5 wks so still hopneymooning.
    08-03-09 01:19 PM
    Yes I got my Blackberry Curve Titanium today still playing with it and it is better than my Pearl so far so we will see LOL!!!
    08-03-09 03:41 PM
    Every time I've wandered past Best Buy, the Sprint kiosk at the mall, or the VZW store, I've found myself playing with the Tour, and yet, I'm not walking away with it. I think I keep playing with it, thinking it'll give me some "light-bulb" moment to make me want to switch early, but so far, I just can't abandon my Curve 8330. I love it far too much. Months down the road when I can upgrade? We'll see what's out and what the picture looks like then....'til then, I'm perfectly content with my 8330, even if some people think I'm behind the times. Personally, I think they're just...erm....behind the "Curve."
    08-03-09 05:02 PM
    I'm with ya brother! I love my curve. Just bought an otterbox for it in fact.
    08-03-09 05:30 PM
    I'm the same way. I was really looking at the tour. But honestly in the end, the curve works for me, plus to me its smaller, and I just updated the theme, the software, and honestly I'm just going to wait for Verizon to come out with the Tour with WIFI. That would be the ultimate Blackberry for me. or now I love my 8330.
    08-03-09 07:02 PM
    Yeah I love my 8330 too. Plus I think it has a great shot at getting OS 5.0 too so untill RIM puts out a bb that is vastly improved over the 8330 I'm sticking with it.

08-03-09 07:19 PM
    New Phone from RIM = Flakey OS
    BB Curve = Better OS but not perfect

I would go with better over flakey any day. The Curve has been out long enough to be a proven device. The Tour will take a year or so until the OS is up to speed and more stable.
    08-03-09 11:54 PM
    I'm a technology junky. Simple as that. I've got a Curve (my current) but I've had a Storm, a Pearl, and I have a Pearl Flip sitting in a drawer. I will be getting my hand's on the Tour for Alltel (the divested markets are getting it).

Other than I love new toys I am looking forward to the Rev A, and newer OS overall. I know it'll be buggy, but it'll improve over time. So as long as my data connection is solid, and I don't reboot constantly I'll work through it.
    08-04-09 12:04 AM
    For me, this is my first smart phone (8330) I hated having to sign another 2 year contract to get the curve cheap but the curve for me delivers all I need in a phone. I think the apps are plentiful and surfing the web from this phone is convenient. No problems with this phone so far running the 160 OS with DM 5.0 Old phone was a razor which I had for many years. I'm sure I'll keep this one for a few years as it give me all I need in a phone plus I'm just a simple hay seed!! :-)

08-04-09 02:19 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD