...okay, so I have had a Sprint 8330 for about a year now. I was going to go ahead and jump ship to the Tour this weekend but just couldn't do it. My Curve is still going strong and has not failed me yet. I mean, granted I can't get the lastest and greatest OS, Apps, Themes, etc, but I really don't need them.

Is anyone else the same way?

I just couldn't do it....
    I understand ur reasoning. I was thinking the same thing becuase I had the curve and it is a great device. I would say that if ur happy then just stick with the curve. There are some really nice improvements with the tour. If u wait a while the price will drop and then it might be worth the upgrade, I would at least wait till themes for the tour start rolling out. And they won't be out for at least another 2-3 months which really sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:39 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade in a couple of weeks and I am going to go for the Bold. My Curve has been a wonderful phone. The day I get my Bold will be bitter sweet.

08-04-09 03:03 PM
    I'm due for an upgrade in a couple of weeks and I am going to go for the Bold. My Curve has been a wonderful phone. The day I get my Bold will be bitter sweet.

You'll love the Bold.Going from an EDGE device to a 3G one is a bigger jump,especially when it's RIM's flagship BlackBerry.It's just not the same going from the 8330 to the Tour.
    08-04-09 05:02 PM
    You'll love the Bold.Going from an EDGE device to a 3G one is a bigger jump,especially when it's RIM's flagship BlackBerry.It's just not the same going from the 8330 to the Tour.
    I am so looking forward to the Bold with its 3G and WiFi. I can already imagine it. Having said that, I'll still miss my Curve. It has served me well.

08-04-09 08:11 PM
    I just got my curve and really like it. Im on Sprint and not changing there either. The only way my situation is changing is if Sprint comes out with some iphonesque looking BB touch. Which is extremely doubtfull.
    08-04-09 08:20 PM
    If you want it that bad, and you're really that sick of the phone you have now and think theres something to gain from a new phone, then break it?
    08-04-09 08:29 PM
    I'm loving my Curve. The Tour is nice, but I'm hoping my next BlackBerry will have WiFi. Great for those times I'm in a hotel or building with free WiFi, but no data signal for using my browser.

08-04-09 09:18 PM
    I'm loving my Curve. The Tour is nice, but I'm hoping my next BlackBerry will have WiFi. Great for those times I'm in a hotel or building with free WiFi, but no data signal for using my browser.

08-04-09 09:19 PM
    Same here. I've had my Curve for a year, and I'm eligible to upgrade now but just can't do it. All the "qwerks" I had were fixed with the .131 release. I've had a couple replacements, most recently for the charging port going bad. But the phone itself is rock solid, best phone I've ever owned, hands down. I tried the Storm, total piece of junk. I think it was put out only to counter with the iPhone, which I've tried and hated too. The Curve has been THE phone for me. I just bought a battery off Amazon for $5 to replace my worn out battery...no big deal to me. I don't see myself going to the Tour, not enough of an upgrade to make me take the plunge. Only differences are the v4.7 software, a slightly better camera, and the Rev A chipset. I can live without those.
    08-04-09 09:48 PM
    Only differences are the v4.7 software, a slightly better camera, and the Rev A chipset. I can live without those.
    I think the biggest difference and the reason I am contemplating heavily on switching is the memory. 256MB vs. 96MB?! I am all about more memory and faster MHz. My hold backs are the keyboard, and bug issues. I know the bugs will get fixed, but I play with the tour everyday at work, and just cannot get comfortable with the feel of the keyboard vs. my 8330. This alone will probably be enough to make me stave off my memory cravings.
    08-04-09 09:56 PM
    I think the biggest difference and the reason I am contemplating heavily on switching is the memory. 256MB vs. 96MB?! I am all about more memory and faster MHz. My hold backs are the keyboard, and bug issues. I know the bugs will get fixed, but I play with the tour everyday at work, and just cannot get comfortable with the feel of the keyboard vs. my 8330. This alone will probably be enough to make me stave off my memory cravings.
    Keyboard was a no go for me as well. I typically had 100+MB of free memory with the Tour, and 43+MB on the 8330. So memory wasn't a big concern for me.

08-04-09 10:42 PM
    I have had my 8330 for a month and was thinking about going to the tour. The rep at the sprint store said I should wait the the new bb tour with wifi will be out soon and that they have another bb coming out in november? Wonder if its true.

Yes the rumor about a new BB coming to Sprint in Nov seems to be true. Engadget posted on it a couple days ago. Sprint is getting the 8530 (CDMA version of 8520) on Nov 1, at least that's what the article indicated.

I had my Tour for 10 days and although I really liked it I found myself missing my curve's form factor & keyboard so I was contemplating returning it. Fortunately an unexpected auto expense made the decision for me and I was forced to return it. Mine had none of the issues people were reporting either, I had a good one.
    08-04-09 10:55 PM
    I've had a Curve 8330 since last October... bought it used. I was eligible for a new phone a couple weeks ago. Decided to try out the Pearl Flip... just didn't compare to a Curve. I went back to the USCC store today and exchanged it for a new Curve, my mom bought my old one from me. I now have an 8330m and it seems even better than my old 8330. I'm completely content with having a Curve for another year and a half... or at least until the Tour comes out on USCC and they have some used ones for sale.
    08-05-09 01:43 AM
    Hi guys I have been sitting and doing alot of thinking and research on the Tour and I am still liking my Curve alot a couple of days of having it. Thing is I love technology alot and love what is out there today but I am with Alltel and they don't offer a whole lot of choices like Verizon does. I like the idea that the Tour and more memory and faster and Wifi but I am in small town america of about 4,000 people in it and not a whole lot here when it comes to WiFi I have it on my laptop and I have an aircard for my laptop which is all only 2 weeks old I wished the Curve had more to offer but it is a rock solid device hands down but I think I am gonna wait for a bit til after the change to Verizon before I go out and getting one even from what I understand and heard Alltel is getting them too. But I have learned a very valuable lesson recently I walked away from a BlackBerry and went with an HTC Touch Pro and tried it for a month and hated it. Let me tell you never again will I do that. It has everything a person could want but alot of issues. I am glad I have a Berry in my hands again and looking forward to learning tips and tricks about my new device.
    So if you find something that works for ya if it's not broke don't fix it my Dad taught me and that and I think he was right!!!
    08-05-09 01:54 AM
    If I'm not mistaken Sprint is set to launch the new Curve 8530 later this year. Looks like the same curve feel I have come to know and love with a faster processor and more memory, tho I think there was question regarding its 3g capabilities.

Granted this is something that I came across and do not the accuracy of the above statements but it may be worth keeping an eye on.

08-05-09 02:08 AM
    had my 8320 for just 2 weeks now but dont think i could do without it now have looked around at others thay dont seem to offer the same virsitilaty as 8320 pimp your blackberry new case, trackerball what more could you want
    08-05-09 03:47 AM
    had my 8320 for just 2 weeks now but dont think i could do without it now have looked around at others thay dont seem to offer the same virsitilaty as 8320 pimp your blackberry new case, trackerball what more could you want

Thats exactly what I did. New titanium case, blacked out trackball and ring, and new theme. And I love my Curve again. LOL
    08-05-09 07:18 AM
    Got the tour, sold my curve on ebay for 175! Had the curve for about 8 mos, was in great shape but it was lagging after latest os update, trackball was freezing and had to clean it often.

The tour is much smoother, faster and feels much more solid but it has some things I'll have to get used to (flatter keyboard, speaker phone are chief among them), but I love it.

As far as cost to upgrade? I was offered the tour for 300, from sprint, then a 100 rebate coming. So now we're down to 200, then sold the curve for 175 last week (175, post shipping).

So I upgraded for about 25, so I don't feel too bad. If your still considering the swap, original poster, you could get it for pretty cheap but you gotta sell that curve while it still has it's value, imo. There's a TON of 'em on ebay & soon they'll be giving them away.
    08-05-09 07:29 AM
    Only reason I looked at a tour was for the new OS but then found out the 8330 is scheduled to get the 5.0 OS update as well. I ended up giving my wife my titanium curve and getting myself a new inferno one last week instead of getting a tour.
    08-05-09 07:30 AM
    I didn't know if I wanted to switch...and I went back and forth with myself about it. I finally decided YES I am going to get my Tour!
    I have an annual upgrade at the end of this month and the Tour shall be mine. If you are happy with your curve then there is no point in upgrading.
    08-05-09 07:59 AM
    I've had my Curve 8330m for about...umm...2 months now. First smart phone I'd ever gotten..my future father in law tried to convince me to get a Palm Pre, but that was $200 compared to the $50 on the curve with sprint.

Couldn't be happier unless it had a better camera...the Camera on this phone is a HUGE downgrade from my Samsung Behold....but other than that...love it.

I wanted a real qwerty, not the touchscreen like the Behold or Bold...always hit the wrong buttons...then they get real touchy...nope...I want buttons yo.

This thread has also made my fiancee happy...my curve is my third phone this year..ahahaha When I mentioned the tour...she got a little...annoyed. I'll roll the Curve for awhile longer yet...till they upgrade the Tour or something really upgraded comes.
    08-05-09 08:56 AM
    I have a curve and got my wife the new tour Its browser is a bit faster but shes having some issues with her volume and ringer...Ill stick wit my curve till the tour is proven itself....
    08-05-09 09:44 AM
    Although I love my Curve (Sprint), I'm just waiting for the Tour to have $99 upgrade. I'm cheap, lol. Hopefully it will be a Xmas gift to myself. By then all bugs should/will be fixed. I really want the Rev A, processor, and addtl memory.
    08-05-09 01:03 PM
    Still couldn't do it - I even have the money ready (I am only eligible for $75.00 off so I would have had to pay around $450 or so after tax) and still can't pull the trigger.

I know there are improvements on it, but I just cant justify it when my curve is working like a champ...
    08-09-09 10:21 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD