I just updated my curve today to the 8530.. I went into the email settings and per the Sprint site's instructions, Sprint shows it giving me the option to choose which email format (i.e. yahoo, gmail, aol, etc) and then going from there.

My phone does not do that..

Anyways, I goto add a current e-mail type in my email add and password and it give me a message

"Blank user name. Type a valid user name"

I am typing the correct e-mail addy and password!!

anyone have this problem or solution?

This is where just about all my emails come from

Even adding Facebook, it asks for my email address to get my FB messages and again, when I type in the aol addy and password its not accepting it..

this is becoming a huge frustration for me and given that I activated the phone 4 hours ago and am still trying to get it to work has me exhausted!

Any help is SOOO appreciated!
    06-10-10 08:30 PM
    Try logging into sprints BIS website. (Google for the web address) and try setting up your email account there. Juuuust to make sure - you do have internet on this phone right? Tomorrow morning - if you can't get it setup by logging into sprint bis and setting it up there, try calling Sprint. I have a hunch that they didn't change your PIN number on your account to your new phones PIN. Which would cause the device to not be able to set up email accounts too. let us know!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 11:18 PM
    That was the problem.. I called Sprint and they switched my email over to my new phone and I'm up and running! Quickly getting adjusted to my new curve and loving it!

Thanks for your help!
    06-11-10 06:53 AM
    Awesome! Glad I could help. Welcome to your new device. Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD