I have a Blackberry Curve 8320. I've got Desktop Manager 5.01 and OS 4.5 on my computer - Windows Vista. I have tried several times to follow the instructions to save my nuked phone, but I always get the same error message when it tries to install:

"Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required and click Retry."

I have scoured these boards to try to figure out how to get my computer to recognize my nuked phone. But from what I've found is that to get the computer to recognize the phone, you have to use your phone which I can't do!

Help!!!

Thanks!
    05-16-10 10:08 AM
    That error message could be caused by your USB port connection.

Check out this troubleshooting guide.

View Document
    05-16-10 10:18 AM
    I have checked the USB connection and cord. It works perfectly fine on my wife's blackberry.

The message happens when it's on the "Wait for device initialization step."

Any other suggestions?
    05-23-10 08:19 AM
    Unfortunatly, that error has been a problem for a while:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unab...eration-73368/

Originally Posted by jb421
    I have had this same problem with my 8130. but i was able to finally get it to connect what i did was i left my battery out of my bb until it switched from load jvm and system software to wait for device initalization. as soon as it switched from one to the other i put my battery back in the bb and it finished loading.

I hope this may help others as it did for me and if not i just thought i would pass along this bit of information.
    05-23-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD