Hi,

I have just purchased the full version of ColourID for my Curve 8520.

I had the free version but couldn't get it to work so I bought the whole lot. However, I still can't get the personalised colours to work, they still just come up as red

Anyone able to help??

Cheers
    06-16-10 11:33 AM
    That was not very wise, you should have fixed the issue before buying the app. What if you got the wrong version? You'd have wasted money.

Now, to the solution. Did you do a battery pull after you installed? I'd do so.

Run the app, Add New. Start typing the contact's name (not e-mail, not phone number). Color ID should give you a list of matches you can choose from. Then all you gotta do is select the color combinations and save.

06-16-10 11:51 AM
    Thanks for a reply.

Yes, I did the battery pull after installing the app. Added the contact in the way you said but still nothing
    06-16-10 11:56 AM
    Make sure you grant all the ColorID permissions.
    06-16-10 12:45 PM
    Yeah, I did that too. I'm pretty sure I've done everything properly, it's just not working for me.. Don't know what else to try
    06-16-10 12:53 PM
    I got it sorted. I'm outside North America so have to put the last 4 digits of the contacts phone number as a second number when i add it.
    06-17-10 07:47 AM
    I have in my 8520 and it works fantastic! ...
    06-18-10 11:12 AM
    Hi SophieMc, sorry i didn't get to you earlier, i was away on vacation. here is a link to our support page for international number entry. you might find some useful information in there:

International Number Entry for Color ID

Nige
    06-23-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD