On my curve I have memory cleaning on but I can't disable it. It has a red padlock by it but I'm not under IT policy (Blackberry is personally mine). Anyone know what is causing this?
    05-03-09 09:15 PM
    Did you buy the phone used? Do you have any other red padlocks? On your password, for example? If you don't, then you are fortunate the Memory Cleaner is benign. I don't know any function other than an IT Policy that puts on the red padlock icon. Have you used Unite, perhaps?
    05-03-09 09:20 PM
    Same thing happened to my 8900 when I installed Mobile Data Alerter. Do you have this app installed too?
    05-03-09 09:52 PM
    oh! me too! i deleted that app b/c it was constantly running and seemed like it was draining my battery but now the memory cleaning is stuck on red for my 8330 as well..
    05-03-09 11:08 PM
    I have no IT policy the phone was bought brand new and I don't know when this started as I don't normally check that area. It seems persistent through a full wipe and OS reinstall though. No other padlocks. No I have never used that app.
    05-04-09 01:52 AM
    Yes, an IT Policy will persist. They are designed NOT to be removable by the end-user. About a year ago, RIM released Unite, which was supposed to give BIS users BES-like capability. Instead it gave them IT Policy nightmares. I think Unite has since been fixed. One good outcome was the development of user tools to remove an IT Policy. The best one to my knowledge is here: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone. Try it, and see if it will allow you to delete the IT Policy and then turn off Memory Cleaner.
    05-04-09 06:09 AM
    I regularly toggle that memory cleaning option so I am sure that it was not locked before. Pretty certain that Mobile Data Alerter was the culprit.
    05-04-09 11:33 AM
    I regularly toggle that memory cleaning option so I am sure that it was not locked before. Pretty certain that Mobile Data Alerter was the culprit.
    same here. i uninstalled the app and now the memory cleaner is locked on enable.
    05-04-09 05:30 PM
    mobile data alert caused the same issue with my storm. i had to reinstall my OS because the phone locked during the uploading process. i know one program i won't be using again.
    05-08-09 01:21 AM
    Yeah. Upgraded my OS from 0.90 to 0.93. Wiped and install the OS and the lock in memory cleaning is no longer there.
    05-08-09 08:55 AM
    I have the same problem. I have that damn red lock on memory cleaning, although I don't use any of applications mentioned here, I'm 100% sure I don't have ITP - something puts it on but I don't know what.... Please help - I removed that 5 times for the last 2 weeks and now it's back again! No idea where it comes from and what cause it to come back after removing (I use standard ITP removal procedure to get rid of it).
    09-14-09 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD