Phone comes with a black trackball but always wondered if I could change it for an illuminated one, like the one on the bold?
    08-31-09 03:58 PM
    There are some colored trackballs available on cnn.cn, but I don't know about illuminated... by the way, in order to change out the trackball you will void your warranty... the only way to get to the trackball is to take the entire thing apart and get to the trackball from behind.
    08-31-09 04:24 PM
    Even if you swap the trackball out, it will not light up.
    08-31-09 04:45 PM
    No because unlike the bold, your trackball assemby is set to only illuminate the ring around the trackball right? I say you guys should be happy. The trackball's get dirty and so even white trackballs look yellow after a while. Most Bold owners black their trackballs, and you guys get a black one from the get-go with a cool ring around it.

As for whether or not you can illuminate your trackball, no. Only if you mod your device and use a custom trackball assembly etc...
    09-01-09 01:04 AM
    I'm not worried about warranty issues.. But thanks for letting my know if this would even work before I took the new phone apart.
    09-01-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD