Hello,

I have an issue with my blackberry curve 8900, texting in arabic language, my friends receive square blocks instead of letters, i called my service provider and they sent me a link of an updated OS to fix this issue.

Now I downloaded the updated OS, installed it. When I open the desktop manager, it doesn't recognize the new update. So I have to go back to the main menu, choose the application loader and choose to update the software manually.

Now it shows that I have 2 available updates, the second is the one provided by my carrier, (judging by the .167), I click on it, and then next, a windows pop up that "searching for available device software" and then in the update summary it shows a box where it says no software update is required for the device.

What should I do to fix my problem !! plz help !!
    02-24-09 05:29 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Follow the upgrade procedure link in my signature and you should be good to go. I would also recommend using Desktop Manager version 4.6 (with NO media manager) instead of 4.7.
    02-24-09 06:10 PM
    where is that link in you signature.. would it work for the new curve 8900? thx
    03-29-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD