I have set up an email filter to forward all messages from my boss as Level 1, and have set up my Normal profile to notify me on Level 1 messages with a vibrate and ring. However, for some reason, it's not vibrating or ringing when I receive a message from my boss. I added myself to the filter and sent an email to myself to test - nothing. Anyone have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? I'm sure it's probably a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Any help greatly appreciated - many thanks!
    08-10-09 04:55 PM
    It might be set to mute...go into Profiles, Advanced (scroll down), then into your profile of choice. Look under Level 1 messages to see what "out of holsters" says (default is none for quite a few) and set it to "tone".
    08-10-09 05:07 PM
    Both Out of Holster and In Holster are set to Vibrate and Tone, and Ring Tone for both is set to Notifier_Contentment. I don't see just "tone" being an option anywhere in the Profile. Am I looking in the same spot as you? Also, I'm on a Verizon Curve 8330.

Thanks again for the help -
    08-10-09 05:18 PM
    "Level 1" in your profiles is misleading. It acutally refers to PIN (berry to berry) messages, not emails. You would need to set custom alerts for the contact itself, not through profiles. I've never used one myself, but I believe a lot of the 3rd party profile apps allow you to do this better then the native.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 06:33 PM
    Ok - I may look for a 3rd party app to see if it will help accomplish what I'm looking for. In viewing other posts, it appears others have been successful with using the preloaded filter app, but with me, not so much.

Interesting point - as I mentioned, I had set myself up in the filter to notify (as a test). Last night I did a battery pull on the unit via QuickPull (as I do each day), and after that, an email reminder to myself gave me the notification I was looking for. I thought I was all set. Then, this morning, my boss emailed me and no notification, so I sent myself another test email and also no notification. Sounds like a recurring glitch to me since it worked once but not a second time.

3rd party app may be the way to go - if anyone has any suggestions for an app I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for the feedback!
    08-11-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD