I get this message after installing DM 4.3 and attempting to setup my synch config.

I am able to select Microsoft Outlook for Calendar, then whether I want a one-way or two-way synch, but when I hit "Finish" a "Runtime Error" box pops up with the above message. Same when I try to setup the address book as Outlook.

I am running Vista.

Any thoughts?

'Preciate any help.
    05-05-08 07:32 PM
    No takers??

:-(
    05-06-08 07:28 AM
    Its a DM version related issue i believe.
    If you upgrade, or downgrade your version, the problem should clear..
    05-06-08 08:06 AM
    Thanks very much! I'll try that. The version I tried was the latest, I think (4.3)...I'll try bumping down to the one before that and see what happens.

Thanks again!
    05-06-08 09:05 AM
    That did it! Version 4.2 SP2 works just fine.

Thanks again!
    05-06-08 02:18 PM
    ON RIM SUPPORT - they post the steps on what you need to do in order to upgrade to 4.3, but these steps also work for 4.5 (you may have to do some things slightly different)

RIM Posted these resolution steps

Resolution
    If the Connectors folder is still present in C\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector, follow these steps:
    Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil.
    1. Open the command prompt.
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
    3. Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
    4. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will no longer be listed as an available desktop application.

Register the most current Microsoft Outlook connector.
    1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
    2. Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
    3. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will now be registered as an available desktop application.

Once these steps have been completed, configure synchronization again.

HOWEVER, these steps will work for 4.5; however, I had to do it a different way. In Step 1, it states that the ilxolkCompanion.fil is located in C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector path...however, when I searched for this file, it was actually located in C:\Program Files\Blackberry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector. (This could be because I upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.5 w/o completing a clean uninstall...not too sure why). FIND THE FILE FIRST - THEN UNREGISTER IT

Once I located the file through the command prompt, I unregistered as per the instructions in Step 1. I then followed step 2 exactly word for word...and VOILA!!! I now have Version 4.5 working with MS Outlook 2007. I am working with a Windows XP Environment!
    07-24-08 04:40 PM
    I found the file in my explorer window. What do I do to get to the command prompt?
    08-04-08 07:16 PM
    I found the file in my explorer window. What do I do to get to the command prompt?
    Was a reply ever posted to this? I found the file in windows explorer. I put into command prompt and I am being told that it is not a recognized as a command. What do I do?

UPDATE: for those less informed than me...someone pointed out to me that you have to type cd in the command prompt line before you enter the actual command and what's listed above is the actual command your entering...I continued with the instructions and everythign turned out fine.
    Last edited by FamilyGuy04; 10-10-08 at 09:25 AM.
    10-10-08 09:04 AM
    I unregistered the first file, but it wont let me register the new outlook file. I have even run subinacl to reset permissions. I have dsktp mgr 4.6, I don't know if that makes a difference or not and a Curve 8310.
    10-21-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD