1st of all, bought this phone a week ago and am loving it.

Ive read up alot about the 5.0 and wanted to try it for myself, got it on there last nite. Quite buggy which is understandable - no facebook app or msn app working :S... Hence i want to downgrade...

Im trying to go back to 4.7 but keep geting this error: a fatal error has occurred while updating your devides software. Please try later.

I have tried a few times and always get the same error.. Ive searched high and low for a awnser but cannot find one! - Ive tried using 4.6 but could not even find a uploader on there!

Anybody know what to do? - Im quite upset that I cant fully use my new phone and just want to go back to loving it!

Thanks in advance.
    08-03-09 08:39 PM
    It is stage 3/11 where this comes up... Just after it auto backs up!
    08-03-09 08:47 PM
    Search for "downgrading operating system, or OS" A bunch of people have the thing in their sigs but it's around here somewhere. Sorry I don't have the answer. Avoid 5.0 like the plague. I've yet to hear anyone who really likes it better than 4.6-7 and mostly it can't be used with a lot of apps (like you found).
    08-03-09 08:48 PM
    Try using CrackMem and do a wipe... after the wipe, CrackMem will load the OS you have selected... of course you should do a backup using DM first.
    08-03-09 08:50 PM
    Thanks a lot for the replies guys, loving this forum so much already. I'm gona try the crackmem tomorrow, I hope so much it works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:08 PM
    i kept geting errors with crackmem about it not finding a OS. BUT for some strange out of the blue DM didnt fail and its put me back to 4.6 - could not be happier! - I will miss the internet tabs and BBM 5.0 but wont miss apps not working! haha
    08-04-09 10:25 AM
    i kept geting errors with crackmem about it not finding a OS. BUT for some strange out of the blue DM didnt fail and its put me back to 4.6 - could not be happier! - I will miss the internet tabs and BBM 5.0 but wont miss apps not working! haha
    The only time I've seen that message is when the OS was not installed on my PC.
    08-04-09 12:02 PM
    With CrackMem you can install as many os as you needed, but only one CrackMem could choose at a moment.
    08-04-09 01:36 PM
    yeah i didnt have the OS on the pc... duh lol cheers for the help guys
    08-04-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD