i have just recently bought a blackberry 8520 curve brand new. it was locked to an orange sim so i went and got it unlocked, when i got home everything was fine but i couldnt download app world as it said my system doesnt have the requirements. i checked and found out im not connected to the blackberry server is there any way the unlocking could have affected that and how can i connect to it?
    05-08-10 03:15 PM
    yes it appears you have an IT policy click the link in my signature for removing an IT policy..
    05-08-10 03:17 PM
    go into the options icon click status then type the letters buyr tell me what your IT policy says enabled or disabled?
    05-08-10 03:19 PM
    Your correct, it says that my IT policy is disabled

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 03:26 AM
    Your correct, it says that my IT policy is disabled

So with no IT policy implemented the next question is, do you have a data plan?
    05-09-10 11:18 AM
    as kwkid said.. apparently you don't have an IT policy.. so please disregard my first post... do you have a data plan setup with your carrier ? if you do maybe try resending your service books.

options icon> advanced options> host routing table>click your menu key>and click register now.

This will not work if you do not have a data plan!
    05-09-10 12:07 PM
    i have just recently bought a blackberry 8520 curve brand new. it was locked to an orange sim so i went and got it unlocked, when i got home everything was fine but i couldnt download app world as it said my system doesnt have the requirements. i checked and found out im not connected to the blackberry server is there any way the unlocking could have affected that and how can i connect to it?
    Need a BlackBerry Data Plan for it to connect to the BB Servers.
    05-09-10 06:41 PM
    I've gone on to it and it says no entries, so I clicked register now and nothing happened? Do I have to wait for soomething?

05-10-10 01:39 AM
    I've gone on to it and it says no entries, so I clicked register now and nothing happened? Do I have to wait for soomething?

Well, as everyone said, you need a data plan in order to connect to the servers. Also, you would need to make sure the PIN had been released from the Orange data base, otherwise, you won't be able to use the PIN to connect at all.

If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me. I'm trying to contribute as much as I know, and if what I know is wrong, I'd like to be notified
    05-10-10 08:23 AM
    how do i find out if the orange data base has released my PIN?
    05-13-10 04:31 PM
    how do i find out if the orange data base has released my PIN?
    Forget what he said about pin being released, if a bb is reported stolen the pin is blacklisted and won't connect to the "blackberry servers" what you need is to get a blackberry data plan to do so what you need is to call your carrier and activate a blackberry plan also known as BIS

05-13-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD