1. rightintwo's Avatar
    I have a BB Curve 8520 I bought with T-Mobile in the US. I canceled my month to month account with them before moving to Canada, and they e-mailed me the unlocking instructions. I have successfully unlocked the phone, but I don't know what to do next if I want to use my BB in Canada. Do I need a SIM card? Can I go to any phone provider in Canada? What do I need to know?

    Thanks, and sorry if this post is redundant.
    09-09-10 04:43 PM
  2. Maxwell_BD's Avatar
    Call whatever carrier you want in Canada, ( I recommend Rogers http://www.rogers.com ), tell them your story and i'm sure they will get you set up! Most carriers in Canada are GSM ( Curve 8520 = GSM, Curve 8530 = CDMA ) so you shouldn't have a problem. I would recommend just calling up Rogers, I have always had good experiences with them. I lived in Calgary for awhile, and loved it! Congratulations on your move and good luck with the carrier switch!
    09-09-10 06:00 PM