Hey all you disappointed blackberry users with sprint (i myself am one)

want to cancel your service but don't want to pay the $200 early termination fee? WELL HURRY UP AND DO IT! I recommend doing it through the online chat. It's easier! Plus, if you want something for free - now is the time to ask for it since they will want to keep your business.

I did this today and they gave me until 3/15/09 to change my mind and not pay the $200.

Here's how!

If you have a Sprint cell phone contract and have been waiting for a contract change in order to cancel your contract, an opportunity while you were watching the ball drop in Times Square! Sprint announced that they would be increasing the Administrative Charge to $0.99 per line, which is a material change to the contract and is your chance to get it terminated while avoiding the early termination fees (ETF).

From their website:

Administrative Charge
    Effective Jan. 1, 2009, the Administrative
    Charge will increase to $0.99 per line. For
    details on surcharges, please see Sprint Terms
    & Conditions or visit sprint.com/taxesandfees

GOOD LUCK!

iphone time for me... or maybe even a blackberry on verizon!
    01-30-09 05:48 PM
    Definately go with Verizon, since Alltel and Verizon are merging, the smartphone world will never be the same. Both were powerhouse companies for the iphone and the bb. And Verizon's coverage can't be beat.
    01-30-09 05:59 PM
    Dang- I wonder how mwny people are jumping ship on this opportunity!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 06:02 PM
    Go play with the i-phone... then buy a BB on Verizon.

Be happy to get away from Sprint. Verizon isn't a panacea, but you cannot beat the coverage.
    01-30-09 06:05 PM
    Dang- I wonder how mwny people are jumping ship on this opportunity!?

golden opportunity.

the iphone will be updated in june - will support mms... their graphics can't be touched.

i may hop onto the iphone bandwagon and just reap the updates.

i think im done with the blackberry kinks. the html emails... no pic mail with sprint... tiny keys. the lagging system.
    allll set.
    01-30-09 06:07 PM
    If you JUST bought a new phone with them for the "2-year contract" price, can you still cancel and keep the phone at that price, or do you have to pay the full $600 for it?

Thanks!!
    01-30-09 06:12 PM
    None of the carriers/phones/plans offer all things to all people. Each has their own pros and cons. Personally, while I found the iPhone intriguing (at least, at first), I detest ATT's service and cell coverage. Here in a major city on the West Coast, all of my friends with iPhones complain of dropped calls. I MAY have 1 or 2 dropped calls per month with Verizon.
    01-30-09 06:13 PM
    If you JUST bought a new phone with them for the "2-year contract" price, can you still cancel and keep the phone at that price, or do you have to pay the full $600 for it?

Thanks!!
    if you bought a phone with them then its in the past. you bought it for the price you bought it at.

this will either get you soem freebies by mentioning it - or you will be able to cancel your contract and walk away without paying a dime.

sell your sprint phone on ebay - after you clean it out - make some money back - and put it towards a new phone on a better carrier
    01-30-09 06:16 PM
    Sprint may not be the best, but for $70 (including tax) per month, I get 500 mins, unlimited N&W, unlimited BIS, unlimited messaging, unlimited Sprint Nav, and unlimited Sprint TV. Same package would cost me $100+ per month with Verizon and AT&T.
    01-30-09 06:28 PM
    And there is already another thread on this same subject in the Sprint/Nextel forum.

01-30-09 06:33 PM
    Same thing for me. The price/performance ratio of Sprint vs. Everybody else is why I keep Sprint. My plan can't be matched by Verizon and would cost almost $40/month more on ATT. T-Mobile's coverage dosent fit my needs and as a former Verizon customer I haven't noticed a loss of coverage with Sprint at all. So why pay more for less?

01-30-09 06:34 PM
    I'm willing to be good money that verizon will be attempting a buy-out of sprint within the next few years. On a personal note, I used to be a fond SprintPCS user until they messed up on my bill and wouldn't fix their mistake. I switched to Verizon and have been using them for the better part of 7 years, while sprint seems to have leveled out service wise, Verizon just keeps getting better and better.
    01-30-09 06:38 PM
    I think I will have to keep sprint. I just changed my plan last night with them...I have two blackberries and get 1500 shared minutes,unlimited BB BIS, tv, navigation,etc., unlimited text messaging, all calls are free starting at 6pm mon-fri on both phones as well for $129.99. I think that is the best I have ever got from them. Oh yeah I forget I get my 25% discount through my company.
    01-30-09 06:42 PM
    Same thing for me. The price/performance ratio of Sprint vs. Everybody else is why I keep Sprint. My plan can't be matched by Verizon and would cost almost $40/month more on ATT. T-Mobile's coverage dosent fit my needs and as a former Verizon customer I haven't noticed a loss of coverage with Sprint at all. So why pay more for less?

agree fully .. I've got 1000 mins/month, nights/wknds at 7PM, unl text, unl picture mail (e.g., the 'pain in the neck' way to send them from my BB), TEP (warranty), and full BES, BIS, and PAM.. my bill last month was $50.72 (including 25% corp discount)
    01-30-09 06:57 PM
    I happen to like being with Sprint and if I wanted to get out of my contract, I would argue that I am paying for MMS in my plan, but not receiving the particular service.

I think someone would need to be extremely unsatisfied to go to such petty lengths to get out of a contract.

There is no perfect cellular service provider.

01-30-09 06:59 PM
    I just came from Verizon to Sprint because of the plan expense. My data price plan with Sprint is slightly less than with Verizon and I now have many more features, i.e., minutes were doubled, data usage is unlimited, texting is unlimited and I enjoy several other additional handy features (GPS, Sprint TV). I can cope with the loss of MMS, I just work around it for now. Coverage has not been an issue, no problems with dropped calls (yet). I'm satisfied with Sprint for now, different strokes for different folks I guess.

My only point of concern is when and if they will ever have the Bold (Blackberry Rules the house baby)
    01-30-09 08:23 PM
    hey kesco and blaqaudio..... what plans are you on? the cheapest ive found for those features is 90.00

what am I missing? or did you haggle for those plans?
    01-30-09 08:31 PM
    I have the $59.99 Everything Plus plan. I don't want to give away the details on how to get it openly since it's supposed to be an employee referral sort of deal, but Google Sprint Everything Plus.
    01-30-09 08:36 PM
    Thoroughly satisfied with my sprint service and my plan. I am an extremely happy ex AT&T and VZW customer. 72.00 a month for what AT&T charged 120.00 for? Yes, please.

01-30-09 08:43 PM
    You will need the $200 you dont pay in ETF fees to make up for the price increase you will get going to at&t and verizon. Not to mention sprint and verizon have roaming agreements so you get pretty close to the same coverage.
    01-30-09 10:13 PM
    Funny thing is when I heard this I was tempted...but then I wondered why? Tmobile is absolutely out of the question. Verizon is ridiculously expensive and ATT omg the amount of complaints I heard about them is ridiculous. Plus anyone who complains about sprint service...correct me if I'm wrong but when you roam with sprint don't we roam on verizon's network? All sprint plans come with free roaming since like 4 years ago...so why not keep sprint...roam onto verizon if service in your area is so bad...and keep paying a lot less for your monthly bill. Again someone correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited by dre8830; 01-31-09 at 05:55 PM. Reason: correcting spelling errors
    01-31-09 12:15 AM
    Yeah, I'm sticking with sprint. Unlimited EVERYTHING for less than 100 bucks, no way any other provider can match, plus I get full reception everywhere I go unlike my old ATT provider...hence the switch. I'm happy with what I have

01-31-09 03:02 AM
    Dre8830 you are absolutely correct about sprint customers roaming on verizons network. A lot of people don't know sprint customers roam for free on the verizon network. I don't see the point in dropping my great plan for another more expensive carrier's plan. I would like sprint to hurry with MMS/bold/4.5 official OS. Oh well, I'm happy for now.

01-31-09 03:35 AM
    I happen to like being with Sprint and if I wanted to get out of my contract, I would argue that I am paying for MMS in my plan, but not receiving the particular service.

I think someone would need to be extremely unsatisfied to go to such petty lengths to get out of a contract.

There is no perfect cellular service provider.

I completely agree with this.

I have been with Sprint for well over 7 years now�had AT&T for 5 years prior, and hated them, which is why I switched over to begin with. I realize that cell phone coverage is a personal choice, however, I love Sprint and LOVE their customer service. I get nothing but excellent customer service every single time I call. And the coverage is amazing here in northern Colorado, whereas every single time I speak to someone who is using AT&T, there are always dropped calls and horrible reception. Never happens to me with Sprint.

I'm very happy and plan on sticking around.

It really upsets me that people are leaving Sprint just to get a stupid iPhone. Are iPhones cool? Definitely, but AT&T's coverage is worse! Not worth it.

I'm sorry, but this is what causes companies to fail�people leaving one for another. Now if you're dissatisfied completely with Sprint, that's your business, but to leave just because you want the iPhone? That's your business, as well, but I personally wouldn't do it for a gadget.
    01-31-09 09:33 AM
    I never considered the fact that Sprint users roam on VZW's network. Is it really that simple?
    If I switch to Sprint...I can expect the SAME coverage I would have with VZW?
    01-31-09 10:25 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD