I've got the curve for Tmobile but the usb/charger port doesn't connect anymore. I still have v4.2 on my phone and want to update to 4.5 is there anyway to do that OTA or can you only did it plugged in. Also does anyone know how to fix the port
    03-28-09 05:20 PM
    OTA for the the curve is not possible at this point in time. You have to use a PC and USB cable.
    03-28-09 05:22 PM
    ok does anyone know how to fix the usb port on it
    03-28-09 05:26 PM
    ok does anyone know how to fix the usb port on it
    Ouch, gonna be tough, how do you charge your device if this doesn't work??
    03-28-09 05:27 PM
    Um just take it to the store and have them update the OS, cause if they brick it they give you a new one. It happened to me on thursday; took it in for the OS upgrade (sprint store btw) and the kid; I mean "tech"; bricked it. Then they wanted to replace my phone with a refurb... Told em to bite me and if they where gonna replace my unit it had better be with a new one, so they did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 05:31 PM
    Ouch, gonna be tough, how do you charge your device if this doesn't work??
    back contacts (cradle) I suppose. I would see about a replacement as well if its within one year you should be good.
    03-28-09 05:32 PM
    yeah i just went about bought a cradle for it. Well i went to tmobile and they won't fix it cause I didn't have insurance on it. I saw where you could by the port online but didn't know if anyone knew how to do itl They can't update it at tmobile cause its not OTA
    03-28-09 05:35 PM
    1 yr warranty and they won't exchange it???.. hmmm any other damage done to the device?
    03-28-09 05:42 PM
    no not at all. It just stopped working last week. The lady at tmobile said I didn't have insurance so there wasn't anything I could do
    03-28-09 05:50 PM
    no not at all. It just stopped working last week. The lady at tmobile said I didn't have insurance so there wasn't anything I could do
    OOOOuuuccchhhhhh good to know TMO treats people that way!
    03-28-09 05:51 PM
    Yeah, that's not so good Flyboy...
    03-28-09 05:53 PM
    Ya really, being that something goes wrong with a device, that as far as I know was not your fault..... And they will not honor the warranty..

Instead of the store, have you called them. Sometimes over the phone techs would send you a replacement.
    03-28-09 05:55 PM
    yeah tmo customer service sucks, they don't really ever take care of you, i've had 2 lines with them for 5 years now and they wn't even let me extend my contract again to get a new phone. I don't understand it
    03-28-09 05:56 PM
    If you're going to replace it yourself, you'll need to take the unit apart and you better know how to solder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 05:59 PM
    thats what I figured. I might just give them a call and see what they say over the phone. Maybe they will send me the 8900
    03-28-09 06:04 PM
    Nah I wouldn't try and look into getting a 8900... you need a fixed and working device........

I would not go to far............
    03-28-09 06:12 PM
    well just got off the phone with them and there isn't anything they can do. I guess I'll try and find a cell phone ship around here and see if they can fix it
    03-28-09 07:17 PM
    I would call again, and again. That IMO should be covered by the Manufacture warranty.
    03-28-09 07:22 PM
    What are they saying that its not covered because its considered physical damage? As in wear and tear?
    03-28-09 07:27 PM
    no they are saying they don't see where i ever bought the phone...i got it from a friend a little while back and that since i don't have insurance or don't know the warranty there isn't anything they can do
    03-28-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD