I understand that the standby mode is the best from saving battery power. But I notice that if you press any of the top 4 buttons, the screen will come back on for a few seconds, draining battery power. Having the BB in the pocket and moving around, there is a good chance that these keys are pressed every now and then...

Can you somehow fully lock the phone, like on a Nokia. That is, so the screen doesnt come on?

Thanks,
    t
    03-11-09 04:02 AM
    Yep, you can fully lock the 8900 at the top of the device there are two buttons "standby" and "lock" the lock button works very well :-D
    03-11-09 05:07 AM
    Locking the phone usually involved enabling the password protection (but not totally required since you can enable it without a password), and locking the phone still will not disable any of those 4 buttons from waking up your phone temporarily. Actually, those 4 buttons are fairly hard to push in you pocket unless you have a bunch of stuff in them... and that's not good for the surface of your BB.

Standby is still your best bet to keep your battery life going as long as possible.
    03-11-09 05:56 AM
    Thanks. I always push the stanby button, but still as the upper four buttons are live sometimes the screen gets lightened up. Want to save more battery:_)))
    03-11-09 08:51 AM
    Worst for me is that sometimes I press the mute button and my music starts playing!!!! I can't be the onlyone this happens to can i?
    03-11-09 09:24 AM
    Thanks. I always push the stanby button, but still as the upper four buttons are live sometimes the screen gets lightened up. Want to save more battery:_)))
    when i had OS 4.3 and i put the phone is standby or lock, pressing any key did nothing.

since i upgraded to 4.5, i have the same featire as you. it's locked put there are 4 keys that will light up the keboard, and tell me i'm in standby mode.

i don't like this new feature. i'd rather the screen stay off no matter what i press (unless it's the mute key).
    03-11-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD