I hate the callback number. I don't like the fact that when I send a text to a friend, at the bottom of the message is my callback. I know about the temporary fix, but I want a permanent one. I don't text people who don't know me, so they already have my number...it just seems kind of stupid.
    02-19-09 10:24 AM
    Ahhh, the dreaded callback number.

Ask your friends to turn it off. It can be found in their settings usually. Sometimes SMS settings.

To turn yours off, go to Options > SMS > erase the callback number > Save.

If you pull your battery or reboot your phone, it will come back, just manually delete it again. It's a pain, but you can correct it.
    02-19-09 10:30 AM
    So there is no permanent fix for my callback number? That is insane! How could such a simple step be overlooked by BB?
    02-19-09 10:33 AM
    Lol, well its one of those things that RIM (Makers of BB) figure everyone would want. I personally dont find it that annoying... but thats just me.
    02-19-09 10:43 AM
    Ok well thanks for your help anyway lol I am in total shock that there is no fix for this. This is the first phone I've ever had without that ability. Maybe I should send an email to RIM asking them to include a fix in the next update lol
    02-19-09 10:49 AM
    Ahhh, the dreaded callback number.

Ask your friends to turn it off. It can be found in their settings usually. Sometimes SMS settings.

To turn yours off, go to Options > SMS > erase the callback number > Save.

If you pull your battery or reboot your phone, it will come back, just manually delete it again. It's a pain, but you can correct it.
    that doesn't work i deleted it and still everytime i text some one thr callback number shows up and it just started on my phone to day and i have had it for a couple weeks now and it bothers me soooo bad......
    03-23-09 06:52 PM
    soo fail on RIMs part. i've made it a routine after every reset to "o">SMS text>clear field>save

FAIL.
    03-23-09 07:30 PM
    Funny don't even see any of that with 8320/4.5.0.124

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD