I don't think uma can do this but I'm not sure, I was wondering if i were in some other country, lets say japan, and i am using uma can i call within japan? or will i get charged for doing so?
    09-24-09 09:11 AM
    Still get charged for it cause your sim card.
    09-24-09 09:12 AM
    UMA calls are charged as they are in your home calling area so even if you are using it in Japan to call a Japanese phone number, you will be charged for International roaming.
    09-24-09 11:08 AM
    so if im in japan but call to US numbers will charges still be incurred?
    09-24-09 01:06 PM
    I think what you have to do is buy a prepaid SIM in Japan. then you're good to go calling US numbers via UMA using WiFi connections. I think.
    09-24-09 01:36 PM
    I've never tried but from my understanding:
    If you're in any Country say Japan just turn off the "Mobile Network" from the connections settings. Once you're hooked into UMA via wifi all your calls are like local US calls. Any calls made to US numbers will just show up as UMA calls.
    09-24-09 02:35 PM
    I've never tried but from my understanding:
    If you're in any Country say Japan just turn off the "Mobile Network" from the connections settings. Once you're hooked into UMA via wifi all your calls are like local US calls. Any calls made to US numbers will just show up as UMA calls.
    What this guy said. ^
    09-24-09 03:22 PM
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I've read about this UMA in many threads, but still dont understand what U.M.A stands for??

Sorry again for such a lame question
    09-24-09 10:40 PM
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I've read about this UMA in many threads, but still dont understand what U.M.A stands for??

Sorry again for such a lame question
    A little research and I found this:

Generic Access Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    09-24-09 10:42 PM
    Ok- If you're in Japan using WiFi to call Japan, you will be charged for a long distance call to Japan. It's not that expensive (7 cents/min for a landline and 19 cents/min to a mobile) according to T-Mo US's site.
    09-25-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD