Hey guys I'm new to the blackberry theme scene, and I have tried to search for my answers but since I don't know exact terms it's hard for me to get anywhere, any help or links would be MUCH appreciated, thanks in advance!

First off, I see many themes that says "with today" or "without today", I am guessing the today is the ability to have the calendar up on the home screen?

Also, I love to see my calendar on the home screen, I was wondering if it was possible to have a theme where it always showed my calendar on my home screen, such as the different dates and what I have to do, the various themes I have right now show my calendar but the calendar has to be selected to show up on the home screen, anyway to make that permanent?

Thanks for the help guys.
    10-07-09 11:45 PM
    There's no way that you can select whether the calendar stays on screen or not, it's all in the design of the theme.

Search through the theme's forum - http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/ and search for a 'Today' theme which will be permanatly on the home screen or a 'Hidden Today' which will only appear when you highlight the calendar.
    10-08-09 02:18 AM
    There is not only the theme forum... but there is a Theme Developers' Forum

And to try to answer some of your question and still let you learn from doing a little searching in the two forums... there is what I would call the old school Today theme that stays on your home screen all the time... I'd say that is more like 8700 or 83xx style Today theme... it has the Calendar heading on the first line followed by calendar events.... then there is the Today+ style (or at least that is what I've seen it called) where you must have the Calendar icon on the home screen and hover over it to see the calendar items, but this does not have a Calendar heading like the old style.

Download the tools from [ plazmic ] and play with it.
    10-08-09 06:12 AM
    okey.. today and not today are confusing...
    10-09-09 10:48 AM
    Today=the message preview AND calendar items (usually the first 3-4 of each) are always on the homescreen. Hidden today=you only see the messages/calendar things when you scroll over the messages or calendar icons. You usually see more entries or each(I have 8 or so) because the homescreen can only show so many entries at a time. The hidden today style is pretty much the only one current theme makers mess with. The old today style is dead imo.
    10-09-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD