I own a Blackberry Storm. While I have been successful in putting .mp4 videos into the Storm, I am trying to help someone who has the Curve 8330. Nothing seems to work. The only one that he has been able to play is one made by the BB Curve itself. I sent him an mp4 test video that plays on the Storm but does not play on the Curve 8330. Is there something that I do not realize? Is it possible that one must use the BB software to import videos into the 8330? Is it possible that the Curve 8330 cannot play an mp4 video?
    Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 05:47 AM
    Your friend should be able to play mp4 videos. But if he is having trouble, you should tell him to make sure that encryption on his media card is turned off (Options > Media Card > Encryption Mode > None). This could be one reason why video isn't working for him. Anything downloaded while encryption is on will not work (the file extension will be .rem at the end of the file name). The video will need to be re-downloaded with encryption turned off.

03-18-09 05:59 AM
    Thank you so much for responding. I will communicate with him immediately and we'll see what happens.
    Alan Silberlight

03-18-09 06:23 AM
    I haven't had much success putting mp4 movies on my 8330 either. I just stick to .3gp files because they work.
    03-18-09 06:46 AM
    I have never had problems putting mp4 videos on my 8330. I use dvdfab, and set it up for blackberry. Give that a try I think they have a free trial on their website. Also fyi it has a dvd decrypter in it so you can put any movie you own on it. P.S. It also works foe ipod.

03-18-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD