Was looking at getting a bb off of craigslist. I have a pay as you go phone on tmo.

Can I just take the sim card and put in the bb, and will it work? Do tmo bb's come unlocked, or can they be unlocked by a technical person, or do they need to be sent to a service to do so? Same for ATT bbs I guess.

I have vzw bb phone for work, but wanted a separate phone for personal. I got a cheap pay as you phone, but figured would like a smart phone so I don't need to carry a mp3 and camera and personal phone with me on the weekends, just a bb will do all that. i don't want to spend money signing up for a contract, I can just add $ to pay as you as I need it. I assume I can text via this plan as well. thanks.
    08-02-09 06:08 PM
    Yes you can use a BB with a Pay as you go Sim you just won't get as much functionality such as Email and BBM and a couple of RIM developed Apps Wont work.
    08-02-09 06:14 PM
    Can I just take the sim card and put in the bb, and will it work?
    If the phone is unlocked

Do tmo bb's come unlocked, or can they be unlocked by a technical person, or do they need to be sent to a service to do so? Same for ATT bbs I guess.
    You call and get a code, enter it in, unlocked

I have vzw bb phone for work, but wanted a separate phone for personal. I got a cheap pay as you phone, but figured would like a smart phone so I don't need to carry a mp3 and camera and personal phone with me on the weekends, just a bb will do all that. i don't want to spend money signing up for a contract, I can just add $ to pay as you as I need it. I assume I can text via this plan as well. thanks.
    You can do that... you have to pay full price for the phone or hit the internet.
    08-02-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD