I just got a new 8530 Blackberry Curve and noticed the screen had some kind of blemish on it. To me it looked like some kind of adhesive on it. US Cellular told me to take it to one of their offices that had a repair center. I did. However, the tech guy there said since it was some kind of adhesive it would not be covered under the warranty. They told me I could take a razor blade and carefully see if I could scrape it off. I did and it only made it worse. Not only that but I tried to wipe it off with a damp cloth and now I got water on the LCD panel. It didn't affect the phone but now looks bad. How easy is it to replace the screen and will the LCD panel ever dry out??
    05-24-10 08:03 AM
    I just got a new 8530 Blackberry Curve and noticed the screen had some kind of blemish on it. To me it looked like some kind of adhesive on it. US Cellular told me to take it to one of their offices that had a repair center. I did. However, the tech guy there said since it was some kind of adhesive it would not be covered under the warranty. They told me I could take a razor blade and carefully see if I could scrape it off. I did and it only made it worse. Not only that but I tried to wipe it off with a damp cloth and now I got water on the LCD panel. It didn't affect the phone but now looks bad. How easy is it to replace the screen and will the LCD panel ever dry out??
    It's EASY to replace the LCD...but EXPENSIVE! Do you have insurance under the phone? I have Tmobile and my adhesive came off and they told me the phone CAME with a 1 year warranty (either thru them or BB themselves) and to call it in to customer care and i did and i got a replacement phone 3 days later. Call them back and B!+CH! that's wrong a company would do you like that and even tell you to take a razor blade to ur phone (i've personally never heard of a company telling you to take a razor to your phone, none the less when they know it requires dissasembly...as that would void a warranty in itself)
    05-24-10 08:20 AM
    Lots of youtube videos. Search 8530 disassembly or curve disassembly.
    05-24-10 08:24 AM
    If they told you to take a razor blade to it. I would call and raise a huge fit and tell them what the service center told you to do ,,and then demand a replacement
    05-24-10 12:27 PM
    If they told you to take a razor blade to it. I would call and raise a huge fit and tell them what the service center told you to do ,,and then demand a replacement
    ^ This. A service rep advising a customer to do something like that is just flat out incompetent.
    05-24-10 12:49 PM
    they definetly owe you a new bb **** go get it dont take no for an answer..good luck
    05-25-10 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD