Hi,

I have had an 8900 for a while, but have only just tried viewing video streams.

I have Xenozu installed, and have also gone direct to the You Tube site, but the only time I ever get a reasonable quality picture is when the clip is no more than 10 or 15 seconds in length (even then it's nothing more than average) - any longer and the quality is very poor, to the extent that it's pretty much impossible to see anything on the screen.

Is this normal for the 8900, or is there a way of improving the quality?

Cheers.
    08-28-09 03:13 AM
    I asked this a while back.

I found the vid quality very poor indeed!
    I was told by some ***** (lazarus, or something) to "get a camera"

Hmmm, helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 03:51 AM
    Yer most welcome Mister Trick.

Get a camera.

He's asking about streams bitter boy. Nice to post no solution or answer. Fail.

The answer is, no, the 8900 sux royally for video streaming.

End of story.

Want better video streaming?

Get an iPhone.

08-28-09 05:39 AM
    Nice solution: get an iphone. Fail.
    08-28-09 12:19 PM
    Sorry, was having a bad hair day...you're right, the 8900 is great for streaming.

08-28-09 12:59 PM
    That's not necessarily the curve 8900 that is causing the problem. The sample videos should more than show you how awesome proper video can look on the curve 8900.

Youtube looks horrible for everyone. Because they are horribly recorded videos in the first place. Plus, they are not created for the resolution you prefer.

I've found that mp4 streaming videos look FAR superior to 3gp. I don't even use youtube anymore because it's worthless. I just convert my own DVD's to a custom 480x320 (BOLD) resolution in mp4 format and get superb quality.

Right now I am trying to put all episodes of Entourage on my phone.
    08-28-09 02:16 PM
    Big (understatement) difference between streaming and playing from disk.
    08-28-09 02:22 PM
    Big (understatement) difference between streaming and playing from disk.
    Yes I know, but I was just saying it's not necessarily the curve that is at fault for the bad quality of streaming youtube videos.

I've viewed quite a few sites that use mp4 streaming videos and they look superb.

On a completely un-related topic, is your avatar of that prostitute that the NY governor got caught with?
    08-28-09 02:42 PM
    Yes I know, but I was just saying it's not necessarily the curve that is at fault for the bad quality of streaming youtube videos.

I've viewed quite a few sites that use mp4 streaming videos and they look superb.

On a completely un-related topic, is your avatar of that prostitute that the NY governor got caught with?
    Yes, it is the Curve. Youtube has many high quality videos and schitty quality videos. The Curve is not a media friendly device. Its a smart-phone that has media features that are not quite perfect. Its OK to admit the video streaming capabilities sux on the Curve 8900. You won't go to h3ll for admitting this.

RIM is 3 years away from delivering a perfect media friendly device. Wait until the 'Toronto' device feature list is leaked. It will blow your mind.

How dare you accuse me of using a prostitues pic for an Avatar!

08-28-09 04:03 PM
    Its just too bad with the brilliant screen res of the 8900 it can't stream worth ****.

08-28-09 06:33 PM
    I can't say p00p lol

08-28-09 06:33 PM
    I can't say p00p lol

How about dooky? HIJACK. Mods. Its getting out of control.

08-28-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD