Hello everyone. I have a small problem with my BB CURVE 8310 glass screen. The actual LED is not cracked at all and it is just the cover. I am just wondering if I would be able to get it replaced(hopefully under warrenty) without having to send my phone in.

If anyone has had this happen to them in the past I would love any advice.

If the phone has to be sent in I am just not going to fix i because I don't feel like going through that hassle.

Thanks,

Jake
    08-28-09 11:01 PM
    If you comfortable doing it yourself, You can go to Cnn.cn and buy the parts and replace it yourself. I did this with my old 8320.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 11:11 PM
    Many sources for the lens, Amazon sellers, eBay, etc.

Videos are on youtube and cnn.cn on how to install.

Other than the trackball, the lens is one of the easier parts to relace yourself.

08-28-09 11:17 PM
    Changed the lens a couple of weeks ago and it's really easy! Cost me 2 and about 30 minutes of my time. Bought a replacement from Hong Kong on ebay.

If you want links, instructions etc, then PM me & when I get home (next Tuesday) I'll get in touch.

08-29-09 03:35 AM
    You wouldnt be a crackberry junkie without a crack on your blackberry screen!
    08-30-09 03:27 PM
    As everyone said you can order a replacement part & repair it yourself, but you will have to pay for it yourself & you will actually void your warranty because you have to open the phone to replace the screen.

08-30-09 03:55 PM
    As everyone said you can order a replacement part & repair it yourself, but you will have to pay for it yourself & you will actually void your warranty because you have to open the phone to replace the screen.

I don't think you have to tear the phone down to replace the cover from the videos I have seen... OP If it is an insurance claim they will send you a replacement (maybe not a new one refurb) Then you return yours to them. Some stores will change them out on the spot.
    08-30-09 04:18 PM
    I don't think you have to tear the phone down to replace the cover from the videos I have seen... OP If it is an insurance claim they will send you a replacement (maybe not a new one refurb) Then you return yours to them. Some stores will change them out on the spot.
    I could be wrong but my understanding was when you change the screen or face plate you have to remove the screws from the back of the BlackBerry & to do that you have to remove the white sticker which would then cause you to void your warranty.

08-30-09 10:44 PM
    The lens comes off without undoing any screws. It's stuck on to the front of the BB in a small recess.

08-31-09 02:03 AM
    Goto youtube and search how to change the lens on a blackberry. All you do is warm the lens w a hair dryer and remove the old one. The lens is held on by a double sided adhesive tape and sits recessed into your phone. No screws to take out and a very simple fix. Maybe a ten minute repair.

08-31-09 06:38 AM
    Can someone link to the above you tube video? All the ones I can find require removing screws.

08-31-09 12:12 PM
    BlackBerry 8300 8310 8320 lens replacement proceedure

08-31-09 12:24 PM
    I can't post links yet apparently. Goto youtube and search- how to change lens on a blackberry- type it exactly like that and there are like 4 videos

08-31-09 12:30 PM
    Here it is:
    08-31-09 12:35 PM
    I hope that helps you out.

08-31-09 02:23 PM
    Thanks it did! Just one more question. If I just want to clean out the underside of the lens (some dirt got in somehowbut its clearly just on the lens, not on the LCD) would I need to get some new adhesive or would I be able to just stick it right back on? I don't need a new lens. I just want to clean it.

08-31-09 02:36 PM
    The adhesive is pretty much a one time use. I don't think u can put the old one back in w out @ least scraping off the old glue and geting more adhesive. Good question. I'm guessing on the answer. Maybe some one else can tell u for sure

08-31-09 02:43 PM
    Would I have to buy that online or would I be able to buy that in some store? Thanks. (Trying to imagine a Blackberry life without Crackberry!!)

08-31-09 02:45 PM
    The glue is one time only. Imagine a large square of double sided sticky tape, pre cut to the right shape. The heat from the hair dryer will soften it, allowing the lens to be lifted. It can then be removed, but is useless after that. The lens is re usable though.

If you haven't already seen youtube, I stress again, no screws need to be touched!

09-01-09 01:11 AM
    The glue is one time only. Imagine a large square of double sided sticky tape, pre cut to the right shape. The heat from the hair dryer will soften it, allowing the lens to be lifted. It can then be removed, but is useless after that. The lens is re usable though.

If you haven't already seen youtube, I stress again, no screws need to be touched!

anyone know where i can get just the adhesive w/o the lens?
    09-01-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD