I've got a Sprint branded 8330 that was given to me and I want to try month-to-month service on it. I took it to the Sprint store but they told me I could only get their service with a new phone and a contract. Does anyone know of a DFW area carrier I could use this phone with if Sprint won't work with me?

I'm looking for my first smart phone so I don't know much about them. My plan was to try the 8330 on a month-to-month to see how a BB works for me without investing a couple of hundred dollars or getting into a year (or two) long contract.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 10:28 PM
    CDMA carriers typically will not allow devices that are branded to other carriers to be used on their network. VZW will not allow Sprint devices on their network (and they do not offer prepaid service anyway).
    05-30-10 10:32 PM
    Since Sprint owns Boost Mobile, a prepaid carrier, perhaps they'll allow it? I'm just talking out of my nether regions here, but it's worth checking into.

05-30-10 10:36 PM
    Get a sprint plan, complete with a good, new BlackBerry, and if you don't like it you can cancel and get your money back.
    I would think they'd let you sign up for monthly service if you had a phone already...

05-30-10 11:48 PM
    Your 8330 will work on Boost Mobile, I have one myselfand it works great. There are steps that must be followed to get it done, but they are easy. Go over to the Boost CDMA forum on HowardForums and all of your questions will be answered . Good luck.

05-31-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD