Hi,
    Ok where to start....My friend sold me her blackberry curve 8900 its been unlocked (was originally on o2) and was a monthly contract phone. Although Im on pay as you go vodahone it started up fine and all seems ok other that a few things...
    I set up my wifi fine and its connected to my home hub, I can acsess the internet (although its soooooo slow) and when I try to set up my email account (in setup wizard) it says Your device had a problem connecting to the server retry or cancel)? and will simply not connect.
    I also cant sign into ebay or my yahoo account through my browser...Im totally confused think the settings are probably all over the place what with it being a monthly contracy phone. The only way it will allow me to access the internet is not through vodaphone but through HOTSPOT browser, what ever that means!!
    I can acsess youtube ok play videos ect...
    Just having a few things that say 'cant connect to the sever' and I cant set up a email account.
    Any ideas for this newbe? (from the UK)
    Thanks
    01-26-11 10:59 AM
    You'd have to get a pay as you go BIS plan (if available) for the 8900 to function all the way and to set up your email. Some of the function need to go through the blackberry internet and if you don't have it then you won't get those functions.
    01-26-11 11:03 AM
    You will only be able to use Hotspot browser unless you add a BlackBerry data plan from your carrier, and none of the native apps will work without a BlackBerry data plan. So you will be able to sign in to m.yahoo.com only when you are connected to Wi-Fi.

You also cannot register any email accounts in the email setup wizard until you get the proper BlackBerry data plan from your provider.
    01-26-11 11:06 AM
    Thanks for your reply, sorry but what is a bis plan?
    01-26-11 11:07 AM
    Thanks for your reply, sorry but what is a bis plan?
    BlackBerry Internet Service--the BlackBerry data plan. You will need to contact your carrier to add it.
    rafishinoda likes this.
    01-26-11 11:08 AM
    ok many thanks for you help will contact my service povider
    rafishinoda likes this.
    01-26-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD