my 8350I keeps bringing up this message network error! please check network setting and signal level im able to get calls coming in im really new to this can anyone help?
    09-14-09 03:40 PM
    my 8350I keeps bringing up this message network error! please check network setting and signal level im able to get calls coming in im really new to this can anyone help?
    Need to be provide more details. Also you may want to spend the time and read the BB101 Lecture Series as well as all the How Tos/Tips threads to get more knowledgeable about BB's, CB and your device more specifically.
    09-14-09 03:53 PM
    do you have NXTL all caps???
    09-14-09 04:10 PM
    yes the nextel is in cap everything works i just can't get any incoming calls and it keep saying. network error! please check network setting and signal level
    09-14-09 06:16 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    Resend service books?
    Master radio reset?
    09-14-09 07:42 PM
    yes i did all three same thing can i reinstall the os can it be done?
    09-14-09 07:58 PM
    might be a network/boost issue???

http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/ph...3/#post3587198

check it out
    09-14-09 08:18 PM
    You can use jl cmder(see my sig for link to instructions) to wipe. Then reinstall the current os. 4.6.1.204(316)
    09-14-09 08:20 PM
    same thing happening here.... massive amounts of data being sent and received removed all ecxess apps and brought the unit back to factory defaults..(thinking one of the apps were malfunctioning)... its gotten to the point where its draisning the battery quickly.. but as i sit here typing ... my cousins unit is doing thr same thing and he has full blown sprint service... mine has no extra apps running currently in the middle of a 15minute battery pull... but i think it wont do any good... as i am typing this message... cuz just came upstairs and has informed me that he has lost the ability to make calls.. i think that ther may be network issues in new jersey
    09-14-09 08:54 PM
    Sprint/nextel Is Having Network Issues In New Jersey ( As Far As I Know ) If A Legit Sprint/nextel User Dials 611 You Will Get A Canned Message That States They Are Aware Of The Network Issues And Are Working Toward Fixing The Problem
    09-14-09 09:07 PM
    might be a network/boost issue???

check it out
    hey thanks casper i found the problem it was shangmail and thanks to everyone how replyyou guys are awsom!
    09-14-09 11:46 PM
    hey thanks casper i found the problem it was shangmail and thanks to everyone how replyyou guys are awsom!
    Do you think it was a deliberate attack? I find it awfully strange... most of the net attacks on the U.S. come from china
    09-14-09 11:52 PM

I had the same problem... NO need to reset your settings in Shangmail:

1. go to Shangmail program installed in your phone
    2. click the BB Menu button (left to trackball)
    3. select "Setting" from menu
    4. scroll down and enter in the "Setting" option displayed
    5. for the "Network" item, make sure you have the "CMNET" option selected
    6. click the BB Menu button (left to trackball) and press "Confirm"
    7. take the battery out of your phone and put it back ... (nothing else works... radio reset, etc)

Problem solved.
    09-15-09 12:58 AM
    I had the same problem... NO need to reset your settings in Shangmail:

1. go to Shangmail program installed in your phone
    2. click the BB Menu button (left to trackball)
    3. select "Setting" from menu
    4. scroll down and enter in the "Setting" option displayed
    5. for the "Network" item, make sure you have the "CMNET" option selected
    6. click the BB Menu button (left to trackball) and press "Confirm"
    7. take the battery out of your phone and put it back ... (nothing else works... radio reset, etc)

Problem solved.
    I tried this and i didnt see the network icon. I deleted shangmail and now i cant log back in.
    09-15-09 08:11 AM
    I tried this and i didnt see the network icon. I deleted shangmail and now i cant log back in.
    I was getting that same network message so I did a shangmail reset and now it does not let me log in.
    09-15-09 09:36 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. "network error" and all calls are being sent to voicemail - since yesterday -- I just didn't know until last night. I'm located in the Houston area. I wonder if it is some sort of a network issue.

I looked at the shangmail set up and unfortunately i can't find the setting for network. I'm going to try removing shangmail to see if that works for me. Will post my results.
    09-15-09 09:39 AM
    I removed shangmail from my applications -- now I am receiving calls without a problem. I think I'm going to wait awhile before trying to reload shangmail.
    09-15-09 09:56 AM
    I removed shangmail from my applications -- now I am receiving calls without a problem. I think I'm going to wait awhile before trying to reload shangmail.
    use funambol someone else on another post suggested this e-mail push app and i installed and so far so good its working with my hotmail no problem !
    09-15-09 10:00 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I too started having Shangmail issues starting yesturday. I'm in Miami, FL so I don't think it is a regional issue to Texas... This is probably an issue with their service. Allthough, I know of other users that have also registered the English version of the software and are not experiencing any issues. Perhaps our accounts are on different servers...?

Has anyone had any luck registering on the Chinese site? I can't read Chinese but I've seen some reports around the net of people who have been successfull in doing so.

Thanks,

Jose
    09-15-09 10:15 AM
    I had this problem ALL DAY. thank god this forum exists; i love this site. and it allows me to love my 8350i on boost. i just reset shangmail and was able to (finally!) receive an incoming call and no more network error message. I just logged back into shangmail; i will post tomorrow if logging back in causes the issue to return. peace.
    09-15-09 10:05 PM
    I had the network message, and i changed the setting sin shangmail and i havent gotten the error message since, so i hope all is well.
    12-05-09 10:21 AM
    I am having the same problem with my 8350i I just deleted Shangmail to see if that helps the problem. . . will let you know shortly, I sure hope this is the fix because I went and bought a new phone because of this issue but miss my black berry and would like to use it again
    03-17-10 10:14 PM
    no luck I still have no connection and when I try to restore them it doesn't work. . . any more suggestions?
    03-17-10 10:17 PM
    Yes I'm having the same problem...my radio connextion is always off majority of the time...sometimes the radio signal comes on and the phone works perfectly but rite now its been almost a whole day with no connection...it says off my sim comes rite on when I put it in my old boost phone...any suggestions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 10:12 AM
    whats going on everyone iam new here and good thing for this forum i could not get any incoming calls.all i did was follow Peryp9's instructions and clicked the reset option in shangmail and it worked thanks alot i was about to throw my phone at a brick wall
    06-20-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD