i was taking a picture of my brand new shoe to show a friend and when i opened it up on the computer i noticed thats its one of the best cell phone cameras ive ever used, and ive even had a 5mp phone camera k850i. and no matter how many mp a phone has i always tend to notice the noise. however with the curve its very good almost digital camera quality what do you guys think? great job rim!

ps. what do you think of my shoes? were on sale for about 70 bucks at foot locker (saudi arabia not usa)
    12-29-08 12:24 PM
    ummmm yeah mate...what ever floats your boat Captain!
    12-29-08 02:03 PM
    I agree...I got my 8900 a few days ago and the few pictures i've taken are really nice. I am coming from an N95 with its 5MP camera with carl zeiss lens, etc., etc and this phone takes A LOT nicer pictures.
    12-29-08 02:18 PM
    Interesting, to say the least.
    12-29-08 02:34 PM
    if you send the files via bbm or post it on facebook, does rim downgrade the quality?
    do you have any sample of the result that sent via BIS?

thanks
    12-30-08 01:21 AM
    no sorry im bisless right now, im in saudi arabia with no bb connection, i think im ganna get bis tommorrow and ill let you know how it goes!
    12-30-08 01:28 AM
    Considering the best camera I own is a 1.3 mp webcam, I think the 8900 will be an upgrade
    12-30-08 01:30 AM
    if you send the files via bbm or post it on facebook, does rim downgrade the quality?
    thanks
    Why would you ask that question? No, seriously.

Because I have found that yes, when I post to Facebook from the 8900, the pictures come out like CRAP on Facebook. However, when I post direct to Flickr through the Flickr app, they're full size.

Is this RIM's fault or Facebook's? Just seriously wondering.
    12-30-08 07:56 AM

Because I have found that yes, when I post to Facebook from the 8900, the pictures come out like CRAP on Facebook. However, when I post direct to Flickr through the Flickr app, they're full size.

I believe that's a limitation, or simply just a flaw in the Facebook App.
    12-30-08 11:30 AM
    Camera is amazing on this phone. Especially when you take outside pictures in daylight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 12:15 PM
    The camera is OK but not very good. I just made a comparison to a Nokia E90 or E71, both having a similar MP count.
    The pictures from the Nokia devices are slightly better but what is more important is the fact that the Nokias have a faster shutter release. When the 8900 takes the first picture, the E90 and E71 already have taken the second one.
    12-30-08 03:37 PM
    i was taking a picture of my brand new shoe to show a friend and when i opened it up on the computer i noticed thats its one of the best cell phone cameras ive ever used, and ive even had a 5mp phone camera k850i. and no matter how many mp a phone has i always tend to notice the noise. however with the curve its very good almost digital camera quality what do you guys think? great job rim!

ps. what do you think of my shoes? were on sale for about 70 bucks at foot locker (saudi arabia not usa)
    umm good qality pic.. but ugly shoes.. sorry
    12-30-08 04:09 PM
    I believe that's a limitation, or simply just a flaw in the Facebook App.
    it does the same thing with the stupid myspace app too
    12-30-08 04:11 PM
    Isn't MySpace and Facebook free? Are you guys really complaining that a free hosting provider limits the size of images that a user can upload in order to prevent abuse of space by rogue users uploading many large images? This is similar to the reason why these forums limit the size of your Avatar - makes the browsing better for everyone.

</Soapbox>
    12-30-08 04:56 PM
    When you send pics through bbm the pic is downsized to fit the space requirements. I have sent pics from my storm that are over 600kb in size that end up being about 7kb when the person on the other end receives them.. Its a limit on the BBM and other services that use the proxy. The flickr app was designed for full size upload because of the nature of the app.
    12-30-08 10:52 PM
    umm good qality pic.. but ugly shoes.. sorry
    haha i love the way they look! they are actually really good for running (the reason i bought them)
    12-30-08 11:39 PM

Dude, I'm with you on this one. I was psyched to post a Mobile Upload to FB from my 8900 thinking I was gonna kick *** with the better quality but for some reason the compression FB automatically gives Mobile Uploads has a far worst effect on the ones sent from a 8900. I really hope they fix this.
    12-31-08 09:47 AM
    OK I think this is pretty damn good as what I would call a "macro photo"
    Of course it is not a real macro but it is a better close up than my new Casio Exslim S10 can do.. (I love it but its not good up very close)

It is a photo of a child's plastic drinking straw.

I am pretty happy with the camera..!

I have read (here) that the shutter speed action improves (get faster) on OS .133

I think this and the photo in the first post proves that if you need your BB camera to do up close pictures of objects.. You will be fine..
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 01-28-09 at 09:34 AM.
    01-28-09 09:30 AM
    Due to Crackberry's size limit, I had to shrink my closeup down to 500 pixels wide instead of it's original 2048. This pic had so much color information that it was 2MB in size originally. You don't get the full effect, but at least it's a taste of what the camera can do when there's a lot of color contrast in the image, with many components at different distances. The original image is perfect, no pixelation whatsoever.

01-28-09 10:15 AM
    The pictures from the camera are AMAZING. Sure, dont expect the same quality youd get from a larger pixel name brand digital camera but it looks GREAT for being from a camera PHONE
    01-28-09 10:32 AM
    rennteam, can you post comparison photos between the 8900 and Nokia E71? Just curious cause some reviews rate the E71 photos as subpar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 12:22 PM
    my wife has the samsung behold with a 5 megpixel and my 8900 pic quality looks better
    01-28-09 10:39 PM
    Attachment 11171

beats by dre.

perfect combination with curve 8900. (black/red/silver)
    01-28-09 10:55 PM

thanks

Dude, I'm with you on this one. I was psyched to post a Mobile Upload to FB from my 8900 thinking I was gonna kick *** with the better quality but for some reason the compression FB automatically gives Mobile Uploads has a far worst effect on the ones sent from a 8900. I really hope they fix this.
    didnt u guys know what is blackberry became this famous for in world of business ?

COMPRESSION guys, that is why its so fast in delevering everything (mails, cards, pictures etc). take a look at the size of original picture and compare it with the one on ur facebook mobile uploads. (original picture is 10 times bigger)

bigger size take longer time to upload.

back to the camera quality, i think its a very nice upgrade coming from a bold. i never carry a pocket camera anymore acompanying my canon 40D slr. picture quality is splendid
    Last edited by masboy98; 01-28-09 at 11:24 PM.
    01-28-09 11:18 PM
    The pictures are amazing and so clear too
    01-29-09 12:08 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD