Hi, I only just noticed this problem about 2 nights ago when I tried to take a photo and was greeted by this message. I was out at the time so didn't pay it too much attention, got home later that night, switched my phone off and then when I woke up in the morning I went to check if I still got the problem, I do. I done a battery pull and still got it, my video camera also doesnt work however it doesn't present me with this message, it opens up then randomy closes and goes back to my menus.

The message at hand is this one:

I done the obvious thing and checked my memory/how many apps where open and the only apps open are the regular ones that should be (emails/bbm/phone etc).

I'm running the latest OS 5 thats stickied, any idea on a fix to this? Thanks in advance people.
    08-15-10 02:37 PM
    Go to Options > Status > and type test. A program should open. Click Menu > Start/Run, the scroll down to the Camera option. Select it and then click Menu and start the test. Follow the on screen instructions and complete the test. If it doesn't work properly then we know the camera hardware is a problem and not a software problem. Let's hope its the later issue.

Let us know what comes of the test!
    08-15-10 11:49 PM
    Go to Options > Status > and type test. A program should open. Click Menu > Start/Run, the scroll down to the Camera option. Select it and then click Menu and start the test. Follow the on screen instructions and complete the test. If it doesn't work properly then we know the camera hardware is a problem and not a software problem. Let's hope its the later issue.

Let us know what comes of the test!
    Not necessarily a hardware problem. If there is an error with the camera software then i dont think the viewfinder in the test will start. IMO best thing to do is to reinstall the OS.
    08-16-10 05:42 AM
    I have the same problem on my berry! I have done everything what you said and nothing changed! It's still shows me the same note....My phone is absolutely new...And i have no idea what to do... Also i have reinstalled my firmware from 4.6 to 5.0
    08-18-10 04:26 AM
    i doubt this would be a hardware issue. seems more like software. an OS relead may be needed to fix this.
    08-18-10 05:38 AM
    I've re-installed my OS but still the same...
    08-20-10 07:40 AM
    Hi all. I am having the same problem as well. It first started with the camera freezing up when initiated, and then in spurts, when it decided to load up I would see a distorted, discolored display before it locked up again.

I was running 5.0. I deleted 5.0, and decided to downgarde to 4.6. This time instead of it just freezing I kept on getting the "Close app and try again" message. I had no 3rd party DL's whatsoever. I reinstalled 5.0 with the same results as well.

Can we say that this is a hardware issue now, or do some of you believe it can be fixed with some software tweaks?
    09-03-10 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD