Hi guys please help me out

I recently bought this Blackberry 8900(T-Mobile Make) second hand which was initially working fine. Lately, the camera keeps coming on flashing every now and then annoyingly even when i'm just going through my contacts or ready emails

Will appreciate your help please!! cheers
    06-08-10 05:30 AM
    Is either of your convenience keys set to camera? If so, change it to another application & see whether the camera keeps coming up, or this other app.
    06-08-10 07:25 AM
    Thanks for your prompt reply... can you be more explicit please.. How do I access the convenience mode to change the setting please!! many thanks
    06-08-10 07:52 AM
    Go to options > screen/keyboard > scroll down to the right or left side convenience key opens and change it
    06-08-10 07:58 AM
    Thanks for your prompt reply... can you be more explicit please.. How do I access the convenience mode to change the setting please!! many thanks
    I managed to change the setting to "nothing" by going through Options-Screen/Keyboard.. then scrolled down to "Right side Convinience Key opens:" which as you rightly said, the default was set as camera. I hope that is what you advised me to do.. I will definitely give you feedback later. once again I'm very grateful for your help.. this is wonderful!!!! cheers bye for now
    06-08-10 08:18 AM
    Best of luck! If it stops the camera from cropping up, you know you have a sticky right convenience key.
    06-08-10 10:31 AM
    It's possible that the dome switch is stuck... if this were a 9000, replacing the midframe would be a simple solution, but the 8900 doesn't separate into large pieces quite so easily.

I'd consider a warranty replacement, because the right convenience key is actually two buttons, and the camera is all but worthless without it, since the first click tells the camera to focus.
    06-08-10 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD